TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Whitney enters NBA Draft

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whitney enters NBA Draft
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-10-2020 06:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Two and a half months after leaving the Kentucky program, Kahlil Whitney's college career is over.

The former Wildcats forward is foregoing his remaining college eligibility and entering the 2020 NBA Draft, he announced via Twitter Friday.

"I have decided to declare for the 2020 NBA Draft," Whitney tweeted. "I truly believe in my development and grind. I want to thank my coaches, fans, trainers and family for the ongoing support. My journey will be inspiring to kids and athletes all over the globe."

A former McDonald's All-American who was ranked No. 11 overall in the 2019 class by the 247Sports Composite, Whitney began the season in the starting lineup but saw his playing time dwindle as he shot just 37.1 percent overall, 25 percent from three-point range and 43.5 percent from the free throw line while committing nearly twice as many turnovers (15) to assists (8). Whitney had logged double-digit minutes in just four of his last 10 outings, scoring just 14 total points over that span.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-10-2020 06:43 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good luck, Mr. Whitney.

Anybody else notice that our team improved greatly by subtraction?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13596 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-10-2020 07:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He really is going to have to make huge strides if he expects to make a NBA team.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-11-2020 01:50 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He could be a good pick at #60 for a team that wants to take a chance that his performance at UK won't be repeated in the NBA. Outside of that I'm not so sure he will be drafted.
Posts: 14130 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-11-2020 03:33 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
G-league here we come!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-12-2020 04:58 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ia'm afraid your right MH he has no idea how hard it is to make a NBA team.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-12-2020 05:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His numbers are not good to put in mildly. He is getting some bad information for sure..

[ 04-13-2020, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-12-2020 05:07 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His numbers are not just not good they are BAD for someone who was rated so high. OVERRATED???
Posts: 14130 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 04-14-2020 05:05 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Disappointing. This kid showed some flashes while at UK, and I don't doubt that with 2-3 years under Cal he could have been a 1st round pick. But this move will likely land him in the D league..or worse.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-14-2020 11:04 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is going to be hurt by not being able to work out for teams due to the current situation we are going through, but I still think he is a better pro prospect then anyone from UK other than Maxey.

He has the size, skill, and athleticism to be an NBA player.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-14-2020 11:33 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
heck daniel orton (sic) was a 1st rd pick and he hardly played and his numbers were as bad as this kids. He will get looked at just because he played at KY and at the worst, go overseas to play...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com