TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Homesickness to blame for Juzang’s decision to transfer

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Homesickness to blame for Juzang’s decision to transfer
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-29-2020 12:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kyle Wiltjer, Marcus Lee, Jemarl Baker, and now Johnny Juzang. There is a long line of big-time recruits from the West coast that came to Kentucky only to end up finishing their college careers elsewhere.

While playing time and “fit” was certainly a factor for some of those, it is certainly possible that being so far away from family played a major role as well. According to Juzang’s father, that absolutely applies to him.

“When you think about being homesick, I’m not sure how he played at the end was much of a factor,” Maxie Juzang, Johnny’s father, told The Athletic. “Johnny was young, so it took him a little longer to adjust mentally and maturity-wise, and the fact that me and my wife both work and didn’t get out there near as much as we thought we might really made it tough.”

If you remember, Juzang was a reclassified recruit who chose to leave high school a year early for college. Kentucky has had success with reclassification in the past (see Karl-Anthony Towns and Ashton Hagans), but moving so far away at such a young age age was apparently not the best idea for Johnny.

You hate to see a guy leave for any reason, but it is somewhat reassuring to know that it had nothing to do with his Kentucky experience. Juzang’s departure will not be used as fodder for negative recruiting against Kentucky, and in fact it seems like Juzang and his family remain big fans of John Calipari.

“We don’t have any hard feelings about anything,” Maxie Juzang said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-29-2020 02:31 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he ever Hope's to go pro, he needs to come back.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-29-2020 11:17 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So you are saying only kids that go to uk will ever go pro ???
All the Blue Bloods send kids and a lot of non Power 5 conference schools do too.
Last years draft from 1 through 11
dook
Murry State
dook
Virginia
Vandy
Texas Tech
North Carolina
Texas
Gonzaga
dook
North Carolina

then
12 uk
13 uk

Belmont even had a kid drafted in the 26 slot
29 uk

MEL

[ 03-29-2020, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-30-2020 09:51 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, I think he was saying that UK places more players in the NBA than Gonzaga or UCLA, his supposed destinations.

I wish him well on his journey.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13612 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-30-2020 07:53 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
or UNC or Duke for that matter, Tiptree!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123974 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-30-2020 08:46 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MH … yes uk has a few more than UNC or dook but not that many when all is said and done.
Last 5 years
uk 17
dook 15
UNC 8

Last 10 years
uk 35
dook 25
UNC 15

Last 15 years
uk 38
dook 30
UNC 26

Last 20 years
uk 41
dook 37
UNC 28

I guess you can say they all have sent kids to the nba.

Let's count what I think we all think is even more important than nba picks.

ncaa championships and runner-up

Last 5 years
uk 0
dook 1
UNC 1

Last 10 years
uk 1
dook 2
UNC 1

Last 15 years
uk 1
dook 2
UNC 3

Last 20 years
uk 1
dook 3
UNC 3

So if uk is getting more kids from their teams why do dook and UNC have 3 National Championships to uk's 1 in the last 20 years and if you take it a step further uk and UNC also have a runner up.

So uk has been in the finals 2 times, dook 3 and UNC 4.
All time in the finals uk 12, dook 11 and UNC 11.

Just something to think about before saying who has the most kids in the nba draft.

I will take the Nationals Championships over the most draft picks any day. Yes I know uk has more all time but it isn't as big a gap as you would think over the past 80 years.

You can go back 25, 30 or 80 years on draft picks if you want to I just stopped at 20 because my eyes were tired of reading the small print.

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-30-2020 08:56 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it’s fair to say we’re all a little biased toward our programs. That’s as it should be. That being said, our blue is a hell of a lot prettier than Duke or NC!

[ 03-30-2020, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5396 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-30-2020 10:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nothing better than Kentucky blue.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com