TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Just wanted to make sure everyone here is doing okay

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just wanted to make sure everyone here is doing okay
Naskats
Player
Member # 1904

posted 03-18-2020 09:55 PM      Profile for Naskats   Email Naskats   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We're spread out all over, so far not many cases of the virus in my area. Everyone stay safe

--------------------
Whatever you are be a good one

Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1204 | From: Hagerstown, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-18-2020 10:59 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Millie and I are pretty much self isolated. We're staying home and not having any company. The bishop has cancelled all gatherings, including Mass and communion services, through Palm Sunday. He will re-evaluate then. All is good here.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-19-2020 12:22 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Everything is ok down here in south Alabama.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 03-19-2020 03:05 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ever thing is ok in Eldorado ohio----but this thing is spreading like wild fire---ever one be safe

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2020 04:52 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paula and I work all the time. I've been working 68 hours a week for the last 5 weeks now, Paula is a Pharmacy Technician for Walmart. Our youngest granddaughter turns 1 tomorrow and her mother is wanting to hold a party for her. I'm not certain that is a good idea. The little one won't realize that it passed without her celebrating.

The electric company is considering sequestering our employees for 2 week stretches so I may be sleeping on a cot in the not too distant future!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-19-2020 07:17 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bored in central Illinois. Exciting day for me yesterday when I Went to the store and looked at the bare shelves. When this is over I will have a clean organized garage.
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-19-2020 09:37 AM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doing well here in Colorado … went to the Wild Animal Sanctuary yesterday... it is an amazing place with close to 600 rescued animals from lions, tigers, mountain lions, bears (of all kinds) foxes, jaguars, camels... etc. They have a walkway that is 30 foot high and a mile and a half long. The animals don't even act like they know you are there (which is the purpose of the 30 foot high walkway.
So glad I went … amazing work by a lot of volunteers.

MEL

Posts: 2793 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-19-2020 10:22 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are doing fine in FL so far. The state keeps reporting more and more confirmed cases and we now have three confirmed in our county. Nothing open in FL as I suspect happening in most states.

Fl has just today implemented a strategy of allowing "seniors"only in grocery stores one hour before opening to the general public.

On a personal note I get "sworn in" Monday in Law Enforcement at Dunnellon FL to help them in investigations..

Stay safe!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 03-19-2020 10:36 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Everything ok in Bristol, TN. All schools closed. Staying home and watching old wildcat games on you tube.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 742 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-19-2020 12:07 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Watching the rain fall here in Terre Haute. All of my consulting travel has been cancelled, and my whole company is working from home. Similarly, Mrs. Tiptree's college cancelled all in-person classes and she is gearing up to teach her classes entirely on-line.

Mrs. Tiptree just came back from Walmart with a full haul (but, alas, no toilet paper). Our fridge and freezer is fully loaded. One daughter flew back from California this morning, the other is only an hour away in Bloomington.

Soon, the whole Tiptree clan will be sequestered in the bunker. What strange times we live in...

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13597 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-19-2020 12:34 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I picked up TP this morning at wally world at 6:15... they opened at 6 and by 6:15 all the big packages of TP was gone. They brought it out on pallets and didn't ever try to put it on the shelfs. Maybe going in at 6 is something you can do there.

MEL

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-19-2020 12:42 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip, glad your daughter made it home safely. Is that the one I met at the game last year.

Our Walmart’s here in Decatur Illinois have changed their hours. They both went from open 24 hours to 7 to 8:30 for the general public and 6 to 7pm for seniors.

[ 03-19-2020, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-19-2020 12:58 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy,

Yes, that is the one. My youngest daughter.

It was very nice to meet you and your wife and nephew. The game was miserable and wet, but I suspect she has a lifetime memory of a great victory by our football team.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-19-2020 01:40 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip I want to apologize for not telling you I am happy that your daughter got home sooner and that we didn't go into lock down (yet).
Did see an article about a shot (Malaria drug) that has given good results in a small amount of people. At least it is a start in the right direction. Maybe we can stave this thing off. It is awesome that both parties have come together to some extent during these trying times. Saw where congresswoman Omar praised President Trump recently about his leadership during these trying times.

MEL

[ 03-19-2020, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-19-2020 01:54 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw that also Mel, they called it a prophylactic. I had no idea this was a sexually transmitted disease. I feel pretty good about my chances now.

[ 03-19-2020, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-19-2020 02:05 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc … I think this virus has affected your brain cells (assuming you have any). You are crazy !!! [Razz]

MEL

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-19-2020 02:12 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There may be one good thing from this. My son is a cop and right now they aren't allowed to pull anyone over for speeding. Put the pedal to the medal! [Big Grin]
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-19-2020 02:34 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another good thing is alcohol kills vovid-19...I now have several 16oz cans ready for testing. [Smile]

Edit:

Except for my spelling it seems to be working!

[ 03-19-2020, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2020 06:51 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I feel so much safer knowing that alcohol kills it. I should be safe then, if that's the case!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-19-2020 06:54 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All well here. One confirmed case that I am aware of here in Noble County. Kids are out of school and doing e-learning. My wife still has to go into school because they are requiring the teachers to do so, which is moronic in my mind. I'm working from home and all 39 Kraft Heinz Manufacturing plants are up and running trying to keep up with demand to keep food on the shelves.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11542 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-19-2020 07:08 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The alcohol must be 60%, or 120 proof. Need to get you some great barrel strength bourbon, and don't cut it.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Tiptree

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-19-2020 07:56 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
The alcohol must be 60%, or 120 proof. Need to get you some great barrel strength bourbon, and don't cut it.

[Big Grin]

I have a few bottles that will do the trick!!

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11542 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-19-2020 10:55 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me too. Always be prepared!

--------------------
Tiptree

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-20-2020 08:23 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
The alcohol must be 60%,
Yeah, I know. Mine is only 4% so I figured 15 cans would do the trick...and I believe it did!

When I came to...wife said I didn't cough once...snored big time but no cough. [Smile]

[ 03-20-2020, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-20-2020 09:02 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On a serious note.

Why are our healthcare workers doing without personal protective items (gloves, N95 respirators, etc) when they are for sale all over the internet?

--------------------

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-20-2020 09:41 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, we are doing fine right now. This is a bit surreal. Have to admit that I didn't take it very serious at first, but there is one statistic that has made me at least take notice. That is the percentage of resolved cases that have ended in death. In the US, the percentage of resolved cases that have ended in death is over 50%. It is also over 50% in Canada. Globally, the percent of resolved cases that have ended in death is down around 10%. I am assuming that as we get larger sample sizes in North America, our percentage will come in line with the rest of the word, but if the percentage of resolved cases that end it death stays up around 10%, this going to be really bad.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2235 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-20-2020 09:52 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another frightening stat...80% of those infected in China were infected by someone who did not know they had it.

Don't trust anybody or anything! Wipe down surfaces and wash your hands...thoroughly and often.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-20-2020 10:49 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GA Cat, what is a "resolved case"? I assume it means a confirmed case that either was cured, or died. If that is correct, why is that number so high?

My first thought was that most confirmed cases are not yet resolved... they are still recovering. I hope as the timeline stretches out we will see more and more of those resolving successfully.

[ 03-20-2020, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-20-2020 11:16 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
Another good thing is alcohol kills vovid-19...I now have several 16oz cans ready for testing. [Smile]

Edit:

Except for my spelling it seems to be working!

MM, my wife sent me a picture of a CNN news broadcast claiming that constant sex kills coronavirus. I forwarded it to a buddy of mine and he replied, "i'm dead meat, bro!"

I think that would apply to a lot of us here. [Big Grin]

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-20-2020 11:19 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GA Cat:
Well, we are doing fine right now. This is a bit surreal. Have to admit that I didn't take it very serious at first, but there is one statistic that has made me at least take notice. That is the percentage of resolved cases that have ended in death. In the US, the percentage of resolved cases that have ended in death is over 50%. It is also over 50% in Canada. Globally, the percent of resolved cases that have ended in death is down around 10%. I am assuming that as we get larger sample sizes in North America, our percentage will come in line with the rest of the word, but if the percentage of resolved cases that end it death stays up around 10%, this going to be really bad.

According to John's Hopkins (https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html) the death rate in the US from this virus is 1%. 14250 confirmed cases (and trust me, there are probably way more than this) and 205 deaths. My feeling is that when this is all said and done the date rate will be very, very small.
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-20-2020 11:42 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC:
quote:
the death rate in the US from this virus is 1%.
Assuming 50% of the people become infected translates into approximately 1.6 million deaths....not good!

[ 03-20-2020, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-20-2020 11:47 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think this thing will be over well before 160 million Americans are infected. I also think the death percentage will decrease as this goes on, as along as elderly and unhealthy people take normal precautions.
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-20-2020 12:01 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Assume 10% become infected.....325,000 deaths...still not good.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com