TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Who is your all-time favorite Cat!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who is your all-time favorite Cat!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-16-2020 10:33 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mine is Rajon Rondo even though he couldn't shoot worth a darn. He made up for it with his speed and athleticism!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-16-2020 11:21 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Unforgettables...any one of them!

My all-time favorite team.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 03-17-2020 06:26 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cotton nash

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 03-17-2020 09:59 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As a short, chubby white guy, I liked Patrick Sparks, but I'm not sure he'd be my 'favorite'. Gosh I don't know if I could pick a single favorite.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-17-2020 11:09 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boy that’s tough! Maybe Jack Givens. Wait, maybe Big Dan Wait! Oh the heck with it. That’s an impossible question. I might end up agreeing with country cat, Cotton Nash. That was when I really started following UK.
Posts: 5403 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-17-2020 03:02 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mine would be either Jeff Sheppard or Rex Chapman. If I had to pick between those two it would be Jeff Sheppard.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-17-2020 04:27 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For some reason, Chuck Hayes was a favorite of mine. He didn't have the size, or elite athleticism, but he left it all on the court when he played. He played much taller than he stood.

Well, he left it all except for that Michigan State game, when he could grab the rebound to seal the win. But, I forgave him for that. [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-17-2020 07:54 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's impossible for me to pick a favorite. Chapman, Mashburn, Rhodes, Bogans, Sheppard, Padgett. Boy those were some great players. I do know one memory that will stick in my mind forever, and I can still picture it to this day. Tayshaun draining those five 3-pointers against UNC - the 5th one with a foot on the UK halfcourt logo.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-17-2020 07:59 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The memory that sticks in my mind is Laettner stomping Timberlake;s chest. I'm goin to have to work on my forgiveness skills.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-17-2020 08:04 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mine is Handy Cat !!! LMAO [Razz]

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-17-2020 08:06 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Well, he left it all except for that Michigan State game, when he could grab the rebound to seal the win. But, I forgave him for that. [Smile]

If I recall correctly, he couldn't grab it because he was sitting at the scorers table waiting to check back in.

Chuck was one of my favorites of all time and he may just be the most underrated player in the history of Kentucky and the SEC.

To my knowledge, he is the ONLY PLAYER in the HISTORY of the SEC to put up the following stats:

Rebounds: 900+
Assists: 275+
Steals: 150+
Blocks: 125+

Think about all the great players in the league and no one as far as I know has ever accomplished this.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-17-2020 08:10 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tiptree,

See the video link. Chuck at the scorers table when Michigan State got 4 looks at the rim and finally hit a three to make it 79-78 Cats.

Starts at around the 4:23 mark of the video. Rondo, Perry, Morris, Sparks, and Ravi Moss were on the court. Not getting a rebound hurt, but Rondo missing two Free Throws that would have put UK up 6 before the rebounds was huge and then Sparks missed a wide open three that Tubby set up out of a timeout was huge. If Rondo hits the FT's or if Sparks hits the three it never makes it to the second OT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqITlN7yvi8

[ 03-17-2020, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-17-2020 11:17 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, he was remarkable. He was an incredible rebounder, with a natural instinct for where the ball was going to come off the rim, fought for positions, was insanely effective at block-outs, and always grabbed the ball with two hands.

That video was hard to watch, especially given it was a MSU hightlight video.

But, yes, you are right. Chuck was not on the court, so I doubly forgive him. [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-18-2020 11:59 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speaking of "grabbing the rebound with two hands", that is THE biggest difference between Richards this year, and it is the biggest differentiator between Richard and Montgomery. If EJ would just go up with both hands, his rebounding numbers would get much, much better.

--------------------
Tiptree

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-18-2020 12:36 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
EJ just needs a mean streak. I think UK should hire Jamaal Magloire as a "mean streak" coach.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-18-2020 06:30 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
... or maybe Boogie. [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-18-2020 07:04 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or maybe Mike Pratt. Don’t know how many on here remember his playing days but IMO, we never had one that was tougher. Not mean, but tough. Not one of our all time greats but he makes my top 5 for my personal favorites and toughness. Reminds me of myself in that respect.

Remind me to tell you guys sometimes about when I broke both legs and my left arm in the first Quarter. Not only continued to play but won won the game when I got the rebound and slammed it home with my broke arm. I believe it was the left arm but not sure.

Posts: 5403 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-18-2020 08:48 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
EJ just needs a mean streak. I think UK should hire Jamaal Magloire as a "mean streak" coach.

Big Jam!! Another one of my favorite Cats for your reason above. He took crap from no one and opponents feared coming inside against him.

--------------------

redbone

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-18-2020 09:44 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah yes! My favorite could really light up the scoreboard with his wonderful 3's. No one but Tony Delk. I have a framed print of him in the air releasing his 3 in the '96 championship game with McCarty and Pope looking on. Of course I have to also say that there are many more favorites of mine. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-19-2020 12:29 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's hard to pick just one. It would be easier to pick a favorite from each team. I'd have to say that Jamaal Mashburn would be really high on my list, he came to Kentucky at our lowest time, when he could have went anywhere.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com