TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal on Ashton Hagans

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal on Ashton Hagans
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-08-2020 01:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Kentucky was without point guard Ashton Hagans who missed the trip to Gainesville to sort out “personal issues” and leading scorer Immanuel Quickley fouled out with nine minutes remaining in the contest.

Calipari fully expects Hagans to be back with the team next week.

“Hopefully what you’ll see is an inspired young man,” the Kentucky coach said. “And if he doesn’t think he’s ready for that, then he’s not ready. We’re going to go with whoever we have.”

Like Calipari, junior Nick Richards is looking forward to Hagans’ return.

“That’s our brother,” he said. “We love him. We can’t wait for him to come back. We love him, we’re going to pray for him, we’re going to be there for him. But we had to do it today without him. We just have to be patient with him.”

link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 03-08-2020 02:26 PM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by country cat:
he is 18--19 years old--getting a free education--and a road map to the N B A and he has to take time off. in my opinion he is a spoiled over grown cry baby---when my son was that age he was carrying a 100 pound pack in 110--115 degree heat--dodging mortar fire and suicide bombers. not one time did he quit or let his buddies down and he has the strips and medals to prove it. he is just one of thousands who did the same thing---and they did it for very little pay BECAUSE THEY LOVE THIS COUNTRY-- I SAY ITS TIME FOR THEM SPOILED BRATS TO GROW A SET----grow up or go home to mama----this is my opinion---like it--hate it---I don't care

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-08-2020 02:36 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The main problem is he is regressing to the way he played at the end of last season and he don't know how he is going to be a two and done. The way he has played the last few weeks is not the way a top draft choice should act. Less assists and more turnovers. He needs to get his act together or forget about the NBA.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-08-2020 05:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hagans can't be all that bad from what Cal and Nick Richards had to say about him. Hopefully he will come back and play with heart and play team basketball, if he doesn't he should sit on the bench!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bluebird
Player
Member # 954

posted 03-08-2020 06:22 PM      Profile for Bluebird     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
he is 18--19 years old--getting a free education--and a road map to the N B A and he has to take time off. in my opinion he is a spoiled over grown cry baby---when my son was that age he was carrying a 100 pound pack in 110--115 degree heat--dodging mortar fire and suicide bombers. not one time did he quit or let his buddies down and he has the strips and medals to prove it. he is just one of thousands who did the same thing---and they did it for very little pay BECAUSE THEY LOVE THIS COUNTRY-- I SAY ITS TIME FOR THEM SPOILED BRATS TO GROW A SET----grow up or go home to mama----this is my opinion---like it--hate it---I don't care

Amen brother!!
Posts: 128 | From: Maysville, KY | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-08-2020 09:41 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Any of y'all think that call suspended him for the Florida game and the "I need a few days away" was an invention of Cal to protect Hagans.

I am just sayin' that this would explain the Hagans Instagram post where he said "Never again" to his team mates.

I know nothing, just doing some math.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-08-2020 10:02 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What is the Instagram deal ?

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-08-2020 10:47 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Reading between the lines.......it says his refusal to go back in the game and possibly his confrontation with Nick Richards on the floor says he gets suspended for 1 game. Just saying. [Eek!]
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-08-2020 11:06 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just looked up the instagram post … what is the deal with him holding all of the cash ???

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-08-2020 11:11 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw that picture of Hagans and the cash, and it's not a pretty one. I think Hagans has some 'splaining to do over that photo.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-08-2020 11:59 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw that video too, but that cash looks more like monopoly money than real bills. I could be wrong, but it sure looks fake to me.

Plus, it was noted that the video is not recent... maybe last year? Maybe even high school?

It sure looks bad, but it looks like a kid doing kid stuff to me.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-09-2020 12:01 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ga Cat, I think he did ask for some time away. I think the pressure got to him, and his play and relationships with his teammates over the past few weeks reflects that. It is very likely that he just needed some time to clear his head.

I remember being 19. It wasn't a year full of wisdom nor clear-headedness. Let him try to collect himself.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-09-2020 07:22 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip, I did read where the video was old, but KSR reported that is was first seen a couple of weeks ago. And yes, it is hard to tell if it's even real money.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com