TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Net Rankings

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Net Rankings
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-08-2020 11:17 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I apologize if I sound like a broken record, but I just can't let go of this. How can certain teams lose games and not drop in the rankings?

* Virginia beats UL. Virginia moves up five, and UL stays the same. Impossible!
* Cincinnati wins two games and falls two spots. How?
* We lose to UT and drop seven spots, then Auburn beats UT and moves up EIGHT spots!
* We get a quadrant 1 road win and move up only one spot.
* Minnesota, at 13-16 on the year and 3-9 in their last twelve games, is #47. WTF???
*UNC just lost to Dook and moved up three spots.

I really wish someone could explain how all of this is possible.

Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-08-2020 03:15 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope the selection committee doesn't use the NET rankings.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-08-2020 05:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul Cat thanks for your post as it shows just how bad the current rating system is.

[ 03-09-2020, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-08-2020 06:59 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the Net rankings were so accurate, Florida wouldn't be a bubble team. The Net rankings have them as a #28. That's not anywhere close to the bubble!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-08-2020 08:31 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rlt4uk:
I hope the selection committee doesn't use the NET rankings.

It is THEY computer index they use. It is the official NCAA Selection Committee Index tool.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com