TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Hello 4 seed

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello 4 seed
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-03-2020 11:16 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I doubt if we can beat FL down here and a loss in the semi-finals of the tourney and "magic" we are a 4....terrible loss tonight!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-03-2020 11:25 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't surprise me if we ended up at 5 seed if we lose again. Just awful. A championship team doesn't blow a 17 points lead. Maybe we deserve a 4 or 5 seed.
Posts: 5435 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-04-2020 06:49 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Regardless of what happens at Florida, I don't see any way we get a two seed, and possibly not even a 3. You don't at home in March to a 16-13 team and expect a good seed.
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 03-04-2020 07:12 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Worst half of defense in a long time. Actually, it probably couldn’t be called defense. Pathetic!

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 03-04-2020 10:23 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The sad thing is we are so thin on the bench that regardless how bad some of our players can be, Cal has to stick with them. Wish we had 2 starting rotations.

[ 03-04-2020, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: blue hoot ]

Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-04-2020 11:12 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How bout them cats! I have been on and off their wagon so many times I can't keep count. But last nights game was typical of what they have done all year. They work so hard (maybe it was luck) to get themselves in a good position and then they just fall down and play dead. Cal has to absorb part of the loss last night as he continues to falter on his in game transition offense. We played 25 minutes pretty good and 15 minutes lousy. The drive it down the middle DDO worked in the first half but in the second half the TN coach made changes which stopped us from doing that. We no longer made many of the baskets on drives and they didn't get called for fouls when they stopped us. We tried very few 3 point shots in the second half. Cal once again couldn't figure out why his plan wasn't working and change. So credit him for the loss as much as the team. How about the announcers telling the world than Lunardi had just moved the cats up to a 2 seed with the 1, 3 & 4 seeds about the best draw we could get. So now after we go down to the swamp and lose 2 in a row we may end up with a 5 seed in the same bracket as Kansas, Duke and who knows how they can stack the deck against us. I guess it just goes to show everyone that we were riding a lucky streak.

Hagens - pathetic
Richards - too weak
Montgomery - fouls a lot
Quickly - takes too many steps every time
Maxey- Drives like a bull into a wall

They all helped their cause with the NBA last night. I hope they don't leave this bad taste in my mouth very long. [Eek!]

Posts: 14146 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-04-2020 12:06 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good point Bama about the changes. When things are going that bad, especially defensively, you have to try different things. You have to give them different looks just to try and make them a little uncomfortable. We did absolutely nothing different. I don't understand how you watch a 17 point lead keep slipping away and try nothing. With a 17 point lead if you just play good defense you will still win the game.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-04-2020 01:33 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is an article from KSR that may very well explain a lot of the problem.

KSR

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-04-2020 02:24 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting that. Maybe that explains Hagans poor play lately, and some other issues with the team. Definitely don't need any of that as those things can tear a team up. Hope they can get it straightened out and really pull together. I feel like Hagans may be letting the NBA thoughts hurt his season. He sees that he is slipping and may be pressing too much, and feeling all that pressure. Hope he can get back to just having fun and playing for your team.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-04-2020 02:43 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Certainly, our play hs deteriorated the last two weeks, other than the blazing heat of Quickley's two stellar games. But everything fizzled in the second half, and even he first half gave us hints.

In the first half, we did well riding Maxey's dribble drive penetration. But even when the guards were driving and scoring, it was clear that they were not looking to dish either to the open shooter or to a big. All three were driving with only the intent to score.

In the second half, it got much worse. The drives were cut off by Tennessee, and we had NO ALTERNATIVE. We still failed to throw the ball into the post, and we didn't set up clean looks from the arc. It became ugly, fast.

Richard's poor play lately could well be attributed to the guards, particularly Hagans, failing to get the ball to him in a position to score; this had been our strength, but it has disappeared. This change was overshadowed by Quickley's big games, but when he went cold, it was plain to see.

Cal has a problem. Hope he can fix it.

[ 03-04-2020, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13617 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-04-2020 04:28 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rick Barnes proved how good of a coach he is last night. He totally took Quickley and Richards out of the game. And without them, we're toast. Hats off to coach Barnes.
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-05-2020 12:32 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish they'd make us a 16 seed and duke a 1 seed and let us play in the first round. I know it would never happen, but just saying.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-05-2020 10:00 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul, I'm with you Barnes is a heck of a good coach!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com