TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Duke Net rankings

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Duke Net rankings
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-26-2020 10:54 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What do u say Norm - Severe hit!!

I hope Coach K didn’t hurt his back falling so far in the NET rankings this morning. Duke dropped from sixth all the way down to sixth in the new update following an inexcusable loss at Wake Forest for the Blue Devils. Wake Forest was 11-15, ranked 14th in the ACC, ranked No. 103 in the NET, and down nine with 75 seconds left in the game, yet Duke somehow managed to lose. By 12.
A person of sound mind would expect Duke to fall with such a bad defeat, but all logic and reason goes out the window when the NCAA is involved.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-26-2020 11:10 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We knew that's the way it would be. I would bet money that Lunardi still has them as a 2 seed next time he does one of his stupid brackets. Guarantee they will be a higher seed than UK!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-26-2020 02:35 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Arizona, with 8 losses, has probably it's best win against Illinois. Yet they're #7.

Michigan state has 9 losses and is #12.

West Virginia lost to unranked Texas (17-11), and they moved UP one spot!

And, yes. Dook loses yet again and stays at #6.

How can anyone take this ranking system seriously?

Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-26-2020 03:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Most don't.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-27-2020 09:24 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Evansville loss and "net rankings" mean NO better than a 3 if we win out!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-27-2020 10:04 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
Most don't.

The problem is the people on the Selection Committee do and they are the only people that really matter.

As Ed states, If UK wins out they are a three seed at the highest unless Gonzaga, Dayton, and San Diego State drop Multiple games in the next 15 days.

[ 02-27-2020, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-27-2020 10:33 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey seriously doubt if those three teams lose another game combined!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 02-27-2020 02:55 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Even more interesting is Dayton is 4th and played 1 ranked team and loss to Kansas and After this weekend we will have played 6 ranked teams and we're 19th in the nets. Go figure
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-28-2020 01:04 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
Trey seriously doubt if those three teams lose another game combined!

Agree

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-01-2020 12:53 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And here we go again. Although UK jumps four spots to #14, Dook loses, yet again, and drops...... 0 spots. Dook is still #6. Hilarious! They've lost three of their last five games and haven't dropped one spot. This link shows that it's for games through 2/29, but let's just hope they haven't updated for yesterday's games yet.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

[ 03-01-2020, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-01-2020 01:24 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Truly amazing Duke does not move down even one spot. Even more amazing, two teams we beat are above us and even our road record is better. The ACC gets protected by the pollsters...

Tks for the net rakings Paul - good info

[ 03-01-2020, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-01-2020 02:03 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
8 of the teams ranked above us have worse records, and one (Louisville) hasn't even reached 20 wins! Looks like the loss to Evansville wasn't just a terrible loss, but was the death penalty.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-01-2020 02:37 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah. Lunardi's new bracket still has dook out west as a TWO seed, with Gonzaga as the one and mighty Creighton as the three! UK in miswest as a three with Kansas the one, and Maryland the two.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-01-2020 02:59 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I shouldn't be surprised but this makes me so angry. Lose 3 out of your last 5, all three to unranked teams, and don't drop at all. This is why I absolutely hate puke. Well one of many reasons. No way they deserve a 2 seed, and no way cays should be the worst of the 3 seeds and end up on Kansas bracket. I'm sure we'll get screwed come tourney time. Makes me sick because I can't stand when things are unfair. And yes, I know life's not fair.
Posts: 5440 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-01-2020 03:27 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PaulCat:
And here we go again. Although UK jumps four spots to #14, Dook loses, yet again, and drops...... 0 spots. Dook is still #6. Hilarious! They've lost three of their last five games and haven't dropped one spot. This link shows that it's for games through 2/29, but let's just hope they haven't updated for yesterday's games yet.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings
[ /QUOTE]

Nope those are updated through yesterdays games.

--------------------

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-01-2020 03:32 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also, I watched San Diego St play last night for the first time this season. I've read all the hype about them and how they are truly Elite.

Well, after watching them play against a poorly coached Nevada team I would have to say they would have as many conferences losses as Arkansas does if they played in the SEC.

They only reason they beat the poorly coached Steve Alford Nevada team was due to the refs. They took control of the game around the the 8 minute mark to insure that San Diego State would not lose that game.

[ 03-01-2020, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-02-2020 05:46 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's another one - Arizona, with 10 losses, just lost to UCLA and moved UP one spot. These rankings are mind-boggling.
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-02-2020 06:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How a team moves up in the rankings or stays the same in the rankings after losing not one, not two, but three losses in 2 weeks?

This is the rankings that they are basing their NCAA tourney on? GOOD GRIEF!!

It would be just as well for me to gather a bunch of 5th graders together and ask them where they'd like to place these teams!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-04-2020 02:39 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So we dropped 7 spots after this one loss. I don't disagree at all that we should've dropped, but.... Dook is still #6.

[Roll Eyes]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com