TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Duke falls to Wake!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Duke falls to Wake!!
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 02-25-2020 10:02 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2OT loss! They will be moving up in the polls!!

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2254 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-25-2020 10:20 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They'll be a one seed for sure now!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-25-2020 10:41 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They got thumped last week and fell exactly 0 spots in the NCAA Net rankings. ZERO!! What a laugh! You're right, Norm - they'll probably move up a sport or two with this latest loss.

Another thing about the Net rankings - Arizona (8 losses) is #8 and Michigan St (9 losses) is #13. There's no validity whatsoever to the Net rankings. A complete farce if you ask me. And Dook being #6 with maybe two good wins. They beat Kansas 3 months ago in the first game of the season by 2 points and Kansas committed 22 turnovers in that game. Kansas would probably thump them if they played today. Oh well, let the tournament begin and things should sort themselves out as usual.

Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-26-2020 10:52 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure Joe Lunardi will keep them as the highest 2 seed, with a great shot of being a #1. We're ranked 8th and he has us as a 4 seed. That guy drives me nuts. I wish they wouldn't do anything with him until the conference tournaments. They start all that crap way too early with him.
Posts: 5437 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-27-2020 04:43 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They went into the game (Duke) as a #6 in the Net rankings and came out of the game ranked #6 in the Net rankings according to Matt Jones of KSR

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123982 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-27-2020 07:24 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A small part of me wants to believe it's just an oversight. Maybe the computer hasn't been updated just yet. I mean there's no other explanation. Is there?

There's no way to lose 2 of three games, especially to teams ranked outside the top-50 and top-100, and not fall in a computer-based ranking system.

Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-27-2020 09:20 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's all about the Evansville loss. Nothing we can do as the NET calls it the worst loss possible and due to that we will never climb into a 2 seed. Crazy and stupid but the computer doesn't care..

A 3 is the best we can hope for!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-27-2020 12:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We just have to keep winning and take care of our business and all will turn out well!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 02-27-2020 02:48 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
It's all about the Evansville loss. Nothing we can do as the NET calls it the worst loss possible and due to that we will never climb into a 2 seed. Crazy and stupid but the computer doesn't care..

A 3 is the best we can hope for!

Agree, but I always thought its all about the way you're playing now...Evansville loss is water over the dam. The media just loves to pick on us as much as possible so we can get screwed again by the committee.
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com