TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Calipari sees promise in new NCAA transfer proposal

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calipari sees promise in new NCAA transfer proposal
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-21-2020 03:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On Tuesday, the NCAA announced it is considering a rule change that would allow Division I athletes – on a one-time basis – to transfer to any school of their choosing without restriction starting in the 2020-21 academic year.

In his first time addressing the news publicly on his call-in radio show on Wednesday evening, UK head coach John Calipari told listeners that he was in favor of the proposal, but only if the NCAA figured out a way to ban tampering and other potential corruption.

“That doesn’t bother me,” Calipari said. “The thing that the NCAA would have to be able to do is to make sure they have rules in place for tampering and that people get fired. Not a penalty. If your program is found to do this, you as a head coach will be fired. Don’t tamper.

“But, on the other side of it is, if a kid picked the wrong school or the coach made a mistake in recruiting, why shouldn’t the kid leave? It’s not about you or the program or embarrassment; the kid should go one time. What you don’t want is because of a kid the first time they’re coached aggressively or the first time they’re taken out of the game or the first time someone else plays more than them, that they’re looking to go from one school to the next school to the next school to the next school. We don’t want that; it’s not good for the kids, let alone good for college basketball. It wouldn’t be good for the kids.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-21-2020 04:55 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure wish Cal would have talked to me before he went public with this statement.

[ 02-21-2020, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5400 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-21-2020 07:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me too, Handy! The jury is still out on this one!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com