TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » KY vs LSU in game chat (Page 11)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Author Topic: KY vs LSU in game chat
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-18-2020 11:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We were 9-18 shooting 3's!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-18-2020 11:43 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
KY got beat on the glass 45-33 we need to clean that up!

When you shoot 75% in a half there are not a lot of rebounds to be had on the offensive end. Sometimes rebounding stats can be very misleading. Plus LSU had 7 offensive rebounds off 11 UK block shots.

[ 02-19-2020, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-19-2020 05:57 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TB:
quote:
When you shoot 75% in a half there are not a lot of rebounds to be had on the offensive end. Sometimes rebounding stats can be very misleading. Plus LSU had 7 offensive rebounds off 11 UK block shots.
Wouldn't that be a rebounding wash on one end of the floor, which means we got our butts kicked on the other?

It shouldn't matter if it is a blocked shot or missed shot it's anybody's ball and LSU came up with it way more than we did.

75% in the second half and only win by 3?...we need to clean up something.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-19-2020 06:10 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Days had as many offensive rebounds as our leading rebounder, 8.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123978 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-19-2020 06:11 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When LSU had more offensive rebounds than defensive it means they were following their missed shots because we weren't missing very many ourselves.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-19-2020 06:13 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We finished with 6 turnovers in both halves but inside the final 2 minutes Sestina threw the ball away against the press in back to back possessions. I realize Hagans was on the bench injured, but WOW!!!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-19-2020 06:15 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KY has 5 regular season games left starting with the Gators on Saturday in Rupp. 6 pm start. We control our own destiny when it comes to winning the regular season title right now!

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-19-2020 07:41 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just happy we won.
Posts: 5398 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-19-2020 08:03 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
Just happy we won.
Being you is hole up in NK killing them commie spies we fans art to be more thankful we is doing this good.

If you would hurry up and kill some extra spies maybe the CIA will let you come back long enough to coach us in the tourney. [Smile]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-19-2020 08:23 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mh:
quote:
KY has 5 regular season games left
The only way I see Ky not winning the SEC is to lose to Auburn at home. Assuming both teams win out, the KY/Auburn winner will be SEC champs.

Ky can afford another lose and still win the SEC...it just can not be to Auburn!

[ 02-19-2020, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-19-2020 11:58 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
TB:
quote:
Wouldn't that be a rebounding wash on one end of the floor, which means we got our butts kicked on the other?

It shouldn't matter if it is a blocked shot or missed shot it's anybody's ball and LSU came up with it way more than we did.

75% in the second half and only win by 3?...we need to clean up something.

Not when the ball is blocked out of bounds. That goes down as an offensive team rebound for LSU. It happened 4 times.

LSU was also rushing shots up that never hit the rim and would go to LSU player on the opposite side. On one trip they had three offensive rebounds that never hit the rim and they never scored either because they were just getting shots off over UK’s length, but they were not good shots.

I have zero problems with the rebounding deficit last night and my guess is Cal did not either. It was much different then other games where UK has been out rebounded. Sometimes the stats don’t tell the story of the game.

And no it doesn’t even out when UK shoots 75% in a half because they are a very good offensive rebounding team and there were no rebounds to be had for UK on the offensive end.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-19-2020 12:11 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I only had issue with one play - the one where an LSU guy threw up a bad shot over Nick and then ran around Nick to get the rebound. I thought Cal might blow a gasket on that play. That was one rebound that definitely should not have gone to LSU.

But overall I agree with Trey - it's hard to rebound shots that go thru the basket.
[Smile]

Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-19-2020 12:15 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To make my point on how shooting 75% impacts the rebounding margin.

First half rebounding stats: UK 24 and LSU 25. Offensive rebounds for UK 11 and LSU offensive Rebounds 10. Both teams shot 31% from the field.

Since both teams are great offensive rebounding teams and one team shot 73.9% and the other team shot 47.1%, LSU had far more opportunities on the offensive glass out rebounding UK on the offensive glass 13 to 2 in the second half. I would also say that on 3 of those offensive rebounds Hagans and Quickley were clearly pushed in the back and out of the way by the LSU players and no foul was called. Bilas even mentioned it on two of those rebounds. Two others were dead ball offensive rebounds from blocked shots going out of bounds.

So first half teams shoot similar and the rebounding game is flat. Second half one team shoots lights out and the other doesn't and it leads to more offensive rebound opportunities for a great offesnive rebounding team.

[ 02-19-2020, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-19-2020 12:15 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
I only had issue with one play - the one where an LSU guy threw up a bad shot over Nick and then ran around Nick to get the rebound. I thought Cal might blow a gasket on that play. That was one rebound that definitely should not have gone to LSU.
[Smile]

Agree 100% on that play. I couldn't believe Richards let Williams get that ball.

--------------------

redbone

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-19-2020 12:34 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I must say that either we stopped trying to feed the ball to Richards, or their collapsing defense was incredibly effective. Given the height mismatch, we should have passed the ball into the paint on every half-court set. Instead, despite Nick working his arse off to get position, the guards rarely got the ball to him.

Damn good to see Sestina hit a couple of threes. He had pretty much disappeared offensively recently. He really has to reign in his tendency to hack and push on defense.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13618 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-19-2020 02:37 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TB:
quote:
Not when the ball is blocked out of bounds. That goes down as an offensive team rebound for LSU. It happened 4 times.
Not doubting your word for a second TB, but honestly I've never heard that before. Player A attempts a shot, player B (the opponent) sends it to the 4th row, Player A's team get credit for an offensive rebound...Huh? What is the reasoning behind this rule?

quote:
So first half teams shoot similar and the rebounding game is flat. Second half one team shoots lights out and the other doesn't and it leads to more offensive rebound opportunities for a great offesnive rebounding team.

I get your reasoning TB, but seriously, 13-2...I hope Cal ain't happy with that.

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-19-2020 05:03 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rebound after the block: Unless the ball goes out of bounds after a blocked shot, a rebound has to be credited toward someone. If the person blocking the shot subsequently also corrals and maintains control of the ball, he is given credit for both a block and a rebound.Jan 22, 2012

Not sure I agree with a block being counted as an offensive rebound for anybody if bLocked out of bounds. I think it is scored as a blocked shot and that is all. I looked in multiple places but the above is all I could find.

I am absolutely not a score keeper in basketball and no way an expert in basketball. I’m just a simple CIA spy presently living in N Korea trying to save the world.

[ 02-19-2020, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5398 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-19-2020 06:29 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I kept stats in high school for four years. A "team rebound" is very common. The team that gains possession of any loose ball rebound gets a team rebound.
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-19-2020 07:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LSU out-rebounded us 45-33 but we shot 47.5% field
to their 39.4 and we were 9-18 on 3's to their 7-20. They did shoot more f/t's, 1724 to our 12-16.

[ 02-19-2020, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-20-2020 12:06 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
[QB]TB:
quote:
Not doubting your word for a second TB, but honestly I've never heard that before. Player A attempts a shot, player B (the opponent) sends it to the 4th row, Player A's team get credit for an offensive rebound...Huh? What is the reasoning behind this rule?
100% true. I know it from my playing days and I no it from keeping official score for college games. How else do you award possession when a ball goes out of bounds? It's not a turnover, it's not a foul, it's not an alternate possession. It's called a team offensive rebound.

If you don't believe me go check the official box score from last night. You can go and look at the 3:11 mark left in the game. It will say this:

3:11 E.J. Montgomery Block
3:11 LSU Offensive Rebound

If you remember the play he swatted the ball from behind and out of bounds. Ball is awarded to LSU as an offensive rebound and no player is credited with the rebound in the box score.

--------------------

redbone

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com