TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Interesting broadcast

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Interesting broadcast
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-18-2020 07:24 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
on Fox Sports 2 between Illinois and Penn State. I know nobody on here cares about the game but what I find interesting is there are NO commercials during the game. Plus both coaches are miked up the entire time including time outs. It’s half time now and they are showing commercials but are now going inside the locker room and you can hear everything.

They’re calling this broadcast “ Live All Access”. This is the way to watch a game!

[ 02-18-2020, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-18-2020 08:01 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How are they paying for air time?

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-18-2020 08:09 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No idea Norm. They had 3 or 4 commercials at half but that’s all I’be seen.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-18-2020 08:16 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just turned to it. I do like it. I wonder how they do pay for the air time. It's interesting. What always cracks me up is how long these 30 second, and 1 minute timeouts are. I know in high school you get 20 until the first horn, and 45 on the full. It goes fast.
Posts: 5395 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-19-2020 07:13 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ESPN sometimes offers a broadcast with different camera viewpoints. What I really wish they'd offer is a "no-announcer" broadcast. Just show the game and feed the audio from the crowd and PA announcer. Heck, I watch most games with the sound muted.
Posts: 10318 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-20-2020 04:51 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Synching the Tom Leach radio broadcast to the television makes the game experience so much more enjoyable.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123851 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com