TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Hey Mel!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey Mel!
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-08-2020 07:10 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I’m a North Carolina fan tonight!
Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-08-2020 07:25 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Go Tarheels! But, hey if Duke loses it will be counted as a quality loss and probably move them up with the committee, or stay exactly the same.
Posts: 5438 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-08-2020 07:43 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not even gonna watch. I did check the score on espn,com, and UNC was leading by 10 w/8 min to go.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-08-2020 08:03 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I’ve been a UNC fan for only a couple of hours and it’s starting to have serious side effects. I find myself weeping uncontrollably and am fighting the urge to sign up for a basket weaving course offered at our local community college.

I really need this game to end.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-08-2020 08:23 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UNC totally and absolutely sucks. Up by double figures with only a minute or two to go, and now in overtime. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-08-2020 08:50 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He’ll of a game. UNC got hosed by a no call at the end of OT.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-08-2020 08:52 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And sure enough. UNC was up by 5 with about 20m seconds to go, and managed to loose the game.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-08-2020 09:13 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TV Teddy blew the call that basically gave Duke any chance to win the game. What's worse is he went to the monitor to see who the ball went out on. He had to see how he just made one of the worst no calls in the history of basketball. Okay just give the ball to UNC. Nope, Duke ball. Duke goes on to win. I don't know why i'm still shocked when this BS happens with Puke.
Posts: 5438 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 02-08-2020 09:27 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have to seriously wonder if there isn’t some sort of collusion. Three calls on the last possession (no foul on Duke, out of bounds off Duke, and three steps by Tre Jones on last drive to basket) were pretty obvious calls that were missed...or perhaps overlooked.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-08-2020 09:56 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They didn't want to hurt dUKe's position in the brackets by giving them a loss to a terrible/ not making the tourney UNC team!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-08-2020 10:19 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How bad is UNC? They should've never lost this game!!!

I HATE when a team fouls at the end of the game with a three point lead just to prevent the opponent from taking a three. Worst play in basketball. Just take your chances by making them take a long, guarded three and then box out for a rebound. NEVER EVER give a team points!!!! [Mad] Roy should kick himself in the arse.

And then at the end of overtime they can't even inbound the ball twice in a row. It's not rocket science. Just set a pick and get open!

Posts: 10343 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 02-09-2020 07:12 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Losing to Duke like that, if I was the athletic director, I would fire Ole Roy after the season. They gave that game away!
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 02-09-2020 08:28 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So bh … you would fire Coach Williams for losing one game to a 7th ranked team !!!
What do you advise the uk AD to do to Calipari for losing at home to Evansville earlier this year ??? I am thinking firing and demanding his salary back for the past 3 years !!!

I am sure UNC and uk both are sure glad you aren't the AD at either place !!!

How soon we forget … UNC was in the finals 2 years in a row (just 3-4 years ago) and won one of them !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-10-2020 04:05 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree with Mel. Cal lays his share of eggs....even talk early this year If Cats would make tourney....actually didn’t few years back and lost 1st round NIT at home.

That being said, I’m glad Duke won. As long as Roy Williams is UNC coach I hope they lose every game they play. No coach, including Bobby Knight, has dissed U K more than Roy Williams and Dean Smith.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-10-2020 07:22 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm a fan of Ole Roy and think he's one of the best coaches in the business. There aren't a handful of coaches out there better than Roy Williams.
Posts: 10343 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 02-10-2020 09:34 AM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah … I agree UNC should have won but when you miss 17 or more free throws against anyone you will probably lose and especially in a down year against dook !!! A couple of calls were horrible but it still comes down to missed free throws !!!
MM ... Coach Williams isn't perfect by any means but then neither is any other coach including Coach Calipari but he is a good coach and whether you like hi or not is no skin off my back or his.
PC ... thanks for the kind words.

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-10-2020 10:10 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mel, UNC free throws are not entirely their fault. Duke’s free throw shooting defense is consistently one of the best in the nation.

I agree though, as bad as the officiating was, they lost the game at the line. Nothing Williams could do about that.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-10-2020 10:23 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM: I could not disagree with you more about dook. You obviously don't remember the 1992 game and Christian Laettner. He most certainly should have been ejected from the game. I am on the opposite side of you on this, even more than politics!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-10-2020 10:55 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the good side the Cats lead the series with Duke 12-10 on the down side we have lost 8 out of the last 10 games.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-10-2020 12:41 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:
quote:
You obviously don't remember the 1992 game and Christian Laettner. He most certainly should have been ejected from the game.
Remember it well...you're right, he should have been ejected...absolutely.

Has nothing to do with Roy Williams.

PS:

No need to make an issue of this guys. I'm just 1 Ky fan who doesn't like the HC at UNC for my own personal reasons...nothing more.

[ 02-10-2020, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-10-2020 05:26 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]No need to make an issue of this guys. I'm just 1 Ky fan who doesn't like the HC at UNC for my own personal reasons...nothing more.
[/QUOTE

M&M, is that HC an abbreviation for handycat? If it is what have I ever done? Never mind its coming back to me.

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-11-2020 03:31 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are only two opponents that when I look at a boxscore and see that Duke has won that I am ok with it: IU and UNC.

I wish they all could lose when playing one another, but unfortunately that is not possible.

My dislike for UNC and Roy grew even more after the whole Academic fraud case. It was obvious that Roy and the whole administration was in on it, but I give them credit because they set up the scheme and knew nothing would ever come of it because the NCAA has no jurisdiction over class offerings and how they are administered to the entire student body basically.

The only thing I like about UNC basketball is their fans. To me, the majority of UNC fans, like UK fans are very knowledgeable basketball fans and respectful fans. I wish UK and UNC played every single year in the regular season.

IU fans, well most of them act just like the former axxhole of a coach they all fawned over on Saturday. I hope UK never plays IU again in the regular season. No need to help their sorry program and fans out in any way shape or form.

[ 02-11-2020, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-11-2020 10:39 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
M&M, is that HC an abbreviation for handycat?
No way, hc......your "hc" is encrypted, remember?

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com