TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » This ref is an @ss.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This ref is an @ss.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-29-2020 07:24 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe this is the ref who tee'd up Cal at South Carolina. Watch what he does to Tennessee coach Rick Barnes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/trust-sec-office-thing-tennessee-051559155.html

Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-29-2020 11:27 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC your topic heading says it all!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 01-29-2020 01:02 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had not seen this. That is incredible. That was a Ref looking for a confrontation.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-29-2020 01:59 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That guy is a jerk of the worst kind. And yes Paul, he is also an ass.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-29-2020 02:31 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His referring days should be over.
Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 01-29-2020 02:57 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I feel like there is quite a few of referees in college basketball right now who think they are the reason fans came to the game. Resident experts correct me if I am wrong but aren't they supposed to remain invisible for the most part.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 848 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 01-29-2020 04:00 PM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pure A$$hole. definitely needs to be made an example and I hate Tn. But that crossed the line. I would take that very personal !

[ 01-29-2020, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: ProBlue ]

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 761 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-29-2020 06:00 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The best referees are the ones that you hardly notice.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-29-2020 06:24 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think both Barnes and the ref are at fault.

Barnes was irrefutably stationary when the ref made contact with him. But this is not a block/charge situation between two players, where one can establish "position" over the other, and, thus, has no responsibility to avoid contact.

The ref was on his way to the replay monitor...Barnes had clearly placed himself directly in the path between the ref and the monitor for some reason...Barnes and the ref were on a collision course...neither "adult" made any reasonable attempt at all to take the high road and step aside.

A case of mine is bigger than yours, imo.

[ 01-30-2020, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com