TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Maxey.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maxey.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-26-2020 07:41 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pretty disappointed in his play, especially as of late. I can’t help but like the kid but to me he seems to always looking for the “glory” play/shot. Maybe I’m wrong but he is not a player that makes his teammates better.

He may very well be a lottery pick but at this point I just don’t see it.

Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 01-26-2020 08:00 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Certainly has made quite a few bad decisions, but also has pulled us thru some games. Still has time to learn. Think he was really trying too hard at TT since he was back "home".

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-26-2020 08:06 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The talent is there, but the timing and head space is slightly off. Sort of like IQ, he needs another year to sync his game. Unfortunately, he’ll be drafted on potential and he’ll be gone.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 01-26-2020 08:44 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree handycat . Not a good team player.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 761 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-26-2020 09:53 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Exactly what
I was yelling at my TV yesterday. Don't let Maxey touch it!

Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-26-2020 03:35 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He was not great offensively, but man he was absolutely outstanding on the defensive end. He absolutely locked down the guy he was guarding on the defensive end. He gave up 7 points in 40 minutes of play (2 points to Ramsay, 3 points to Moretti, and 2 points to McCuller). UK is not in that game without his defense all day especially since UK had so many lost possessions on defense.

Ramsay is Texas Techs leading scoring and Maxey was on him 95% of the time during those 40 minutes. Ramsay got open once and that one time was the first basket of the second half and that took a perfectly executed play with a solid screen on Maxey.

I think he is getting roasted because he did give up the two to Mcculler to tie it at 74-74, but I will say if Montgomery doesn't leave his feet they had that play guarded, but Maxey did lose vision of McCuller on that play. Maxey also didn't block McCuller out on the Free Throw.

I know Maxey had 5 TO's: careless catch of the ball, two errant passes (however in my opinion those were the right reads, but Sestina and Quickly were not were they should have been), and two charges and in my opinion one of those was a charge and the other was a clear block and it should have resulted in the bucket and a free throw (that was the play in the first half where McCuller hit is head because he was leaning backwards and twisting his body to take the "charge").

I really only think Maxey took one bad shot and that was the only three he took during the game. It was more so poor timing of the shot (shot clock and game situation) vs. the quality of the shot.

I'll take Maxey all day long playing defense like that.

[ 01-26-2020, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2020 04:59 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like how Maxey plays overall. He was not good offensively, but he was very good on defense. To me he just played like a freshman yesterday. I was a little more disappointed in Hagans offense than Maxey's. Richards has been awesome. I wish Whitney would have just looked at him before deciding to leave. What patience and perseverance can do for some kids.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2020 08:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our team leaders stat wise:

Nick Richards 14.3 Points.
Nick Richards 8.1 Rebounds
Ashton Hagans 7.3 Assists (leads the team)
Ashton Hagans 2.2 Steals
Nick Richards 2.5 Blocks

Maxey has the 2nd best free throw percentage on the team. (81.9%). He is 2nd in assists and
steals and is 3rd in points.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-26-2020 09:54 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All the turnovers by our guards is what almost cost us the game.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9796 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-27-2020 04:41 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Recorded almost twice as many in the second half+OT as we did in the 1st half.

13-7

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-28-2020 12:36 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can bet Cal will be working on taking care of the ball for the Vandy game tomorrow night. 6:30

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-29-2020 04:46 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure if it was up to Cal, we'd play perfectly in every game.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com