TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Whitney to transfer

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whitney to transfer
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 01-24-2020 12:12 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://bleacherreport.com/post/kentucky-wildcats-basketball/3c5afa62-e50e-49c0-bb31-58752de753f2

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-24-2020 12:18 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some here had predicted that, and I hate to see him go. But with all the hype and sensationalism around him, his play certainly has underwhelmed. I think he will flower somewhere where he can again be "the man", not merely a part of a team.

As Cal says, "Kentucky is not for everyone". Best wishes, Mr. Whitney. I just hope he doesn't end up playing against us in the future.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-24-2020 12:50 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can see him becoming an impact player very soon for the right team. I wish him good luck as well when he is not playing against UK.
Posts: 5409 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 01-24-2020 03:08 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Some here had predicted that, and I hate to see him go. But with all the hype and sensationalism around him, his play certainly has underwhelmed. I think he will flower somewhere where he can again be "the man", not merely a part of a team.

As Cal says, "Kentucky is not for everyone". Best wishes, Mr. Whitney. I just hope he doesn't end up playing against us in the future.

I actually posted about this a few weeks ago but I did not think it would happen this quick. Goodness... This just goes to show some kids can't handle the transition. Its a shame because he has all the tools. I wish the kid the best. I would of much rather seen him develop under Cal as opposed to another university.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 848 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-24-2020 03:31 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, WHO?UK. I couldn't remember who made that prediction. Very prescient of you!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 01-24-2020 04:33 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Thanks, WHO?UK. I couldn't remember who made that prediction. Very prescient of you!

It was a complete shot in the dark. It just didn't look good when I would do my usual post game box score review and he had multiple games of only logging 1-3 minutes. He was literally our biggest recruit in this years class. In my eyes his letdown is actually worse the Skals. At least Skal played.

The crazy thing to me, is that we all know how loyal Cal can be to his stars. It doesn't seem like he has an attitude problem. From what I can tell he is a good kid. So he must be playing equally as bad in practice to get sat on the bench in this way. Either way Id love to know what really led to this.

--------------------
RLTW!

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 01-24-2020 05:37 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had high hopes for the kid, he sure shined in a couple moments early in the season. I don't know what the real reason for his departure is, but wish him well. It sure seems like many of our kids are finding their stride, which is pretty common for UK teams in late January...Whitney just never could seem to maintain those stretches of great time on the court.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 01-24-2020 06:00 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Keion Brooks is the one kid who everyone was not sure about. However, he has proved many wrong and exceeded just about everyone's expectations. With a mid range game his potential at the college level could be limitless. He is honestly my best guess at what really ran Whitney out. Its got to be tough on a high school superstar to be fighting for playing time against a kid whose stock is rising while his cant seem to gain a foot hold.

[ 01-24-2020, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: WHO?UK ]

--------------------
RLTW!

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-24-2020 06:30 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That just had to be someone else that didn’t have a clue.

pre·scient
/ˈpreSH(ē)ənt/
adjective
having or showing knowledge of events before they take place.
"a prescient warning"

Posts: 5409 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 01-24-2020 06:53 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
That just had to be someone else that didn’t have a clue.

pre·scient
/ˈpreSH(ē)ənt/
adjective
having or showing knowledge of events before they take place.
"a prescient warning"

I googled it. hahaha

--------------------
RLTW!

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-25-2020 12:21 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw a post earlier that he was going to Illinois. I wish him well.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 01-25-2020 08:49 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rlt4uk:
I saw a post earlier that he was going to Illinois. I wish him well.

Very interesting. I thought he might find his way back to the North East.

--------------------
RLTW!

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 01-25-2020 01:06 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Could this move by Whitney be a sign that Allen is close to be ready to go and Whitney knew more competition was coming.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-25-2020 01:36 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish Whitney would just have looked at Richards. The guy didn't quit, or run. He kept working, kept working, and now he is having his year. A lot of these guys just expect things to happen too quickly sometimes. Oh well, hope he finds the place for him.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 01-25-2020 02:37 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukman:
I wish Whitney would just have looked at Richards. The guy didn't quit, or run. He kept working, kept working, and now he is having his year. A lot of these guys just expect things to happen too quickly sometimes. Oh well, hope he finds the place for him.

Amen to this and I think they listen to the wrong people too often.

--------------------
RLTW!

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com