TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » I'm a one day Louisville Fan!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm a one day Louisville Fan!
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-18-2020 08:25 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And down goes the pukies! 79-73 AT HOME!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-18-2020 08:33 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was actually trying to be neutral Norm, hoping they would both somehow lose. Then, the refs started going all Pukie with the calls and I actually pulled for UL to beat them. I’m feeling a little nauseated to be honest.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 01-18-2020 08:42 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me too, Norm, me too.

I’m not a Tard’s fan at all but today I was really pulling for them.

I can’t stand the over-hyped Pukies. The ESPN announcers just gush all over them ad nauseum.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-18-2020 09:10 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Personally, I'll pull for UL over Puke every time. I hate them more than any other team.
Posts: 5420 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 01-18-2020 09:13 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, maybe we can hope for a split this year. They may both lose the home game 😜

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 01-18-2020 09:49 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I pulled for U.L. when Tyra was playing for them.
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 01-19-2020 06:09 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was a great day for me.....first of course was our great game against the Hogs and then to top it off The Ville takes down Duke at Cameroon. Even though I graduated from UK I just don't have the dislike/hate for Louisville as many of you guys do and I do root for them in the ACC, especially when they play Duke or UNC.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1789 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-19-2020 06:22 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was pulling for Louisville. It's a great day when duke looses.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-19-2020 07:11 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I almost always pull for Louisville. The exception being when they play UK or any Kentucky school. Or any other SEC school for that matter. Actually I pull for Big Ten Schools over Louisville also. Now that I really think about it, I pull for any D1 school over Louisville. But I always pull for Louisville over Duke. They’ve always been one of my favorite programs.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 01-19-2020 09:13 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So let's put our heads together here. puke was at #3 in the polls, lost twice this week. Once on the road to an unranked team, then at home today. What do you guys think their new ranking will be? Personally, I see the polls moving them to #1, or at least #2.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-19-2020 09:45 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CFY, that sounds about right to me.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-19-2020 09:59 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Louisville over Duke all the way. There are only two teams that I will ever hope that Duke beats and that is UNC and IU. I dislike UNC and IU just a tad more than I dislike Duke.

I'm somewhat skewed in my opinion, but I don't even consider Duke a "Blue Blood" program. I think much like UCLA they are a one trick pony. Once K is gone, that program will look much like UCLA.

[ 01-19-2020, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11531 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-19-2020 11:07 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I put IU, Duke, UofL, and any school that stoops so low as to hire Bruce Pearl at the bottom of my list, more or less in that order.

My dislike for IU is visceral and personal. IU's arrogance knows no bounds, and it is not at all matched by their on-court success Their fan's shameful mistreatment of our fans will never be forgotten. The fact that my daughter took two courses last fall at IU is something I am still struggling to accept. :eek

Duke, no explanation needed, but for me, I just dislike their profound self-righteousness which is amplified by their success. ESPN's overt favoritism just grinds Duke into our faces. But it just isn't personal like my dislike for IU.

UofL will always be disliked simply because of the intense rivalry. Grudgingly, I must give them credit for being a great basketball program through 3 coaches now -- Crum (though they faded in the 90s they were awesome in the 80s), Pitino, and now the new guy. Honestly, it is amazing that we beat this UofL team. They are good!

[ 01-19-2020, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13591 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-19-2020 09:03 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
My dislike for IU is visceral and personal. IU's arrogance knows no bounds, and it is not at all matched by their on-court success Their fan's shameful mistreatment of our fans will never be forgotten.

100% agree. Worst fans ever. They are arrogant, spiteful, hateful, pompous, and any other negative word you can think of saying.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11531 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-19-2020 10:02 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was pulling for a power outage, I guess I didn't win!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123952 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com