TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Kentucky vs. Georgia

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kentucky vs. Georgia
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-06-2020 07:24 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Kentucky Wildcats are starting to hit their stride, and they’ll look to continue that Tuesday in Athens when they face the Georgia Bulldogs.

Unfortunately, they may do so with several players sidelined, as the injury bug has plagued the Wildcats all season. The fear of injuries ruining the season reached its peak on Saturday when Ashton Hagans came up limping late in the game, and Immanuel Quickley needed x-rays on a minor injury on his non-shooting hand. Johnny Juzang is also out with an illness.

All things considered, the prognosis on these players looks promising. However, it is unclear whether either will participate on Tuesday and how big their roles may be. Quickley put up a career-high 23 points against Missouri in the SEC opener, and even his hand injury did not prevent him from staying above 95% from the free throw line for the season.

Hagans is obviously the heart and soul of this roster. If he misses any significant time, that changes the identity of the whole team and they will have to take some time to figure out who they are. That would be similar to when PJ Washington was sidelined at the end of last season.

Also, many have looked forward to Hagans’ potential matchup with Georgia star Anthony Edwards. Edwards very well may be the most talented player in college basketball. He leads the Bulldogs with 18.4 points per game, and he does so by spending much of the game with the ball in his hands. He takes nearly 25% more shots than anybody else on the Georgia roster, and watching him battle Hagans for 40 minutes would be appointment television, if Hagans is healthy.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-06-2020 09:33 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Starting to hit our stride? That writer needs to lay off the sauce. Other than Richards picking it up a notch the last few games, we're still the same young team that lost to Evansville and Utah. Our shooting is abysmal and our offense is nowhere near a well-oiled machine. Honestly - and I hope i'm wrong - I have a feeling we'll be leaving Georgia with another loss.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-06-2020 10:23 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, PaulCat, why so glum? Maybe you need to switch to a new bourbon. [Smile]

I say UK wins another close one, even if Hagans doesn't play. We are more or less on our normal learning curve, and we really are looking a lot better every game. Against Missouri, we did a lot better with help defense and effective switching on screens and pick-and-rolls. Offensively, we are starting to see some decent execution on something other than the fast break.

Yeah, we could lose this one, but I like the spunk of this team. The way the team reacted against Louisville when things got a little prickly shows that they are really coming together. Spunk+talent will take us far.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 01-07-2020 06:11 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Hey, PaulCat, why so glum? Maybe you need to switch to a new bourbon. [Smile]

I say UK wins another close one, even if Hagans doesn't play. We are more or less on our normal learning curve, and we really are looking a lot better every game. Against Missouri, we did a lot better with help defense and effective switching on screens and pick-and-rolls. Offensively, we are starting to see some decent execution on something other than the fast break.

Yeah, we could lose this one, but I like the spunk of this team. The way the team reacted against Louisville when things got a little prickly shows that they are really coming together. Spunk+talent will take us far.

This is the positivity I needed today!

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 845 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-07-2020 07:42 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't say i'm glumly down on this game, it's just that i have one of those feelings. Are we the better team? Yes. Will we win? Well....

I just have a feeling that it's gonna be one of those nights where everything Georgia shoots will go in. But i hope not!!!

[Smile]

[ 01-07-2020, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-07-2020 08:41 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I resemble all the above remarks. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-07-2020 08:53 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope not too, I don't want to see Clappy the Clown have a good night!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-08-2020 07:25 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's it! I failed to factor in that Crean was the other coach. [Wink]

Honestly, I knew Georgia was a reckless, run-and-gun team. I just had a feeling all of their shots would fall. We played pretty good defense on them. It was a very impressive win.

I still can't figure out why Quickley doesn't start. He's our steadiest of shooters. I believe he needs to be a starter.

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-08-2020 10:06 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are team seams to be on a roll now and if not for Nick we loose this game. Their seams to be more cohesive on this team. I think we are on the way now too the SEC championship.
Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-08-2020 10:54 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
10-20 free throws won't get it done, no excuse for that. NONE.....The coaches are not doing their job if they can't get get their players shooting at least 70-75%...

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-08-2020 11:13 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Are team seams to be on a roll now and if not for Nick we loose this game. Their seams to be more cohesive on this team. I think we are on the way now too the SEC championship.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-08-2020 11:21 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just looked up what percentage we are shooting our free throws for the season and was impressed to see we are shooting free throws at a 78.2% which is awesome. I guess we just had a off night against Georgia.

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-08-2020 04:31 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your pretty astute for an older guy Norm.😀

Just another one that drives me crazy.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-08-2020 06:54 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know if we are on our way, but we are in root.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-09-2020 05:02 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see what you did THEIR Norm. [Wink]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 01-09-2020 09:16 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
I see what you did THEIR Norm. [Wink]

Eye sea, awl sew!

[ 01-09-2020, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: GA Cat ]

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-09-2020 09:54 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
Your pretty astute for an older guy Norm.
Whut's a stute?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-09-2020 10:09 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mm, a state is another big word I picked up from Tip. I probably did not use it right.
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-09-2020 01:50 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sure miss that Kentucky dialect living down here in Alabama.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-13-2020 09:41 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
Mm, a state is another big word I picked up from Tip. I probably did not use it right.
I looked everwhur on the innernet and never seed nuth'n bout no stutes...must be a reely rare wurd.

Tiptree noes a lot of big wurds...wish he wood use them subtitles like on tv...shore wood help me out.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com