TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » How will UK fare in SEC Play

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How will UK fare in SEC Play
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-03-2020 01:17 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Conference play is officially upon us, and for the No. 17 Kentucky Wildcats, that means it’s time to take on their Southeastern Conference foes.

Eighteen of Kentucky’s final 19 regular-season games will come against SEC rivals as their lone day away from conference play will come Jan. 25th in the Big 12/SEC challenge against Texas Tech.

Kentucky will play each team in the SEC at least once but will battle Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Vanderbilt twice.

Last season, Kentucky went 15-3 during conference plays with their losses coming to Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee.

Counting the postseason, Kentucky lost five total games to SEC foes as they lost to Tennessee in the SEC tournament semifinals and Auburn in the Elite Eight.

After sending seven teams to the NCAA tournament a year ago, the SEC figures only to get 3-5 bids this season based on how things currently stand.

Entering conference play, only Auburn and Kentucky are ranked in the AP Poll with Auburn at No. 8 and Kentucky at No. 17.

Outside of Auburn and Kentucky, Arkansas has impressed the most as they currently are 11-1 and won a road game over Indiana in their final game of the non-conference slate.

With the SEC down, can Kentucky dominate conference play? Or will the wild season of upsets continue with multiple SEC foes taking down the Cats?

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
1 Catlanta Fan
Player
Member # 1526

posted 01-03-2020 04:37 PM      Profile for 1 Catlanta Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Auburn may be 12-0, ranked no. 8 but look at their schedule, probably diabetic from all those cupcakes.
Posts: 141 | From: Huntsville, AL | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-03-2020 05:17 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Totally agree.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-03-2020 06:32 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have us losing 3 more games, but that was prior to the first game. I thought we would lose to Tex Tech and then lose at TN and FL. It still may happen but may not even be close.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-04-2020 01:49 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right now I just want to beat Missouri!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-04-2020 01:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats will take one game at a time...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-04-2020 06:05 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From what I'm seeing we may not lose to TN of FL. There are a couple of other teams that look to punch us hard. Two games scheduled with AU.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-04-2020 06:26 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Auburn may be better than many of us thought. I thought they were overrated also. Watching them handle Mississippi State on the road with little problem. I hate Bruce Pearl and would pull for Duke over that cheating (fill in the blank).

[ 01-04-2020, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com