TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UK is Really Good!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK is Really Good!
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 12-29-2019 03:38 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sitting here watching Kansas at Stanford. They are both awful. 5 1/2 minutes left in first half Score is 20-6. As I typed that, Stanford hit a 3, making it 20-9!

[ 12-29-2019, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-29-2019 05:02 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watched W Virginia take down Ohio State. Yesterday Wisconsin manhandled Tennessee. The SEC is beginning to look weak this year but who knows? It’s a crazy season. I think most years there are a few dominant teams that stand out. IMO, not this year. I’ve changed my mind again, I think we’re right in the thick of it. Not because we’re a great team but because there are no great teams around this year.

Of course i’m the guy who predicted a double digit loss to Louisville. So you might want to take my opinion with a grain of salt. As Redbone would say, our free throw defense saved us in that game.

[ 12-29-2019, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-29-2019 05:23 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have three outstanding guards (and maybe another one in development in Juzang, but he seems to need another year). We have Sestina as a prototypical stretch four. We have two up-and-coming small forwards. And we have two bigs with great potential, but who inconsistently perform.

In other words, we have the pieces, but they are not yet fully formed, nor do they play well together. Yet.

But yesterday's game gave us a glimpse of how it could be. When we get a double-double out of the post, aggressive guard play, and hit our threes, we are a great team. Our defense has improved immensely since the start of the season, and will get even better.

It all depends on how well the players mature into their roles. But my optimism remains strong.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13623 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-29-2019 06:38 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I figured our 3 guards had to score the majority of our points for us to win and they did just that. I believe he went with the 3 guard offense longer yesterday than he has done in any other game. That's what I see for us down the road if we are to be successful. They should score close to 60-65% of our points for us to win. I don't look for our other 3 frosh to get a lot of PT. This roster is divided in thirds; the 3 guards, the 3 big guys and the 3 frosh who will be around for another year at least.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com