TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Florida looks to be our SEC competition

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Florida looks to be our SEC competition
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-29-2019 07:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Among most observers, Kentucky and Florida are a clear 1-2 in the SEC entering the season. Are you buying or selling the Gators as legitimate, consistent threats to the Wildcats going forward?
Jeff Borzello, college basketball insider: I think Florida is a top-five team nationally heading into the season, so I think the Gators will be a legitimate, consistent threat to Kentucky -- at least in 2019-20 (whether the Gators will be able to replace Kerry Blackshear Jr. and Scottie Lewis next season is a different conversation). This season, I think Florida is right there.

Myron Medcalf, senior college basketball writer: I'm buying. Mike White's Florida squads have finished 14th, fifth, 24th and 16th in adjusted defensive efficiency (per KenPom) in his four years with the program. Now he adds Blackshear and Lewis, two players who should help the Gators battle Kentucky and the rest of the SEC. Florida could end this season with a national title. All the pieces are there. But competing against Kentucky in the John Calipari Era has come in waves for teams within the league. As long as Calipari is in Lexington, he'll continue to sign top-three recruiting classes. White is positioned, however, to keep pace with Kentucky as he continues to strengthen an excellent program that could take the next step by making the Final Four this season.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-30-2019 12:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Florida is going to be a tough out no doubt about it.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com