TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Can Cal take the Cats back to the final four?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Cal take the Cats back to the final four?
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-25-2019 11:02 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The mix of talent that Calipari has assembled may not be as high-end as the 2015 edition of the Wildcats, but it is just as good as any roster in the country. Kentucky has been consistently ranked high in the preseason polls, again increasing expectations to a fever pitch for the Wildcats’ faithful, who want to see their school get back to the Final Four and win another national championship.

With a freshman heavy roster, there will be plenty of growing pains for Kentucky, which isn’t something that Calipari isn’t used to. The Wildcats have a favorable non-conference schedule that doesn’t include any true road games but does have neutral-site matchups against Big Ten powers Michigan State (who many have projected as the top team in the country entering the season) and Ohio State along with a home matchup against in-state rival Louisville.

It wouldn’t be shocking to see Kentucky lose one or two of those games, dipping them into the teens of the polls entering SEC play, only for Calipari to round the unit into form and have Kentucky positioned to make a Final Four run when March Madness comes calling. It remains to be seen if Kentucky has done enough to snap its Final Four drought, but there are plenty of scenarios where the season will end with the Wildcats cutting down the nets in Atlanta on April 8.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-25-2019 08:16 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The sky is the limit, if everyone lives up to their potential.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-26-2019 08:59 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team is different than just about all other Calipari teams. While we are loaded with top-rated freshman, we have three sophomores who may be in the starting lineup. I think that is the biggest factor as far as cutting down the nets. We all know five freshman aren't gonna get it done all by themselves.

[ 10-26-2019, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-26-2019 01:48 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul, you nailed it..

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-26-2019 10:58 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There may only be one Freshman start for this team! That would be quite unusual for a Cal team, HUH?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-26-2019 10:58 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Cal can take this team to the final four!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-01-2019 03:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Time will tell but the Cats are in contention talent wise no doubt about it.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com