TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Kerry Blackshear trending away from UK

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kerry Blackshear trending away from UK
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-23-2019 10:50 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After it appeared UK was in great shape for Kerry Blackshear Jr., it looks like he’ll end up elsewhere.

Earlier today, Evan Daniels reported that Blackshear is not planning to take any more visits and that a decision could come Sunday.

Since then, several reports have come out that make it appear UK is no longer in the lead, including this from KSR’s Matt Jones.

It’s a tough pill to swallow if Blackshear ultimately lands elsewhere, especially if it’s an SEC rival like Tennessee.

Alas, UK still has EJ Montgomery, Nate Sestina and Nick Richards in the frontcourt, while Keion Brooks and Kahlil Whitney could also see playing time at the 4 in small-ball lineups.

Link

[ 06-23-2019, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 06-24-2019 02:42 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why would he want to go to Tennessee, they're in rebuilding mode,losing their top three scorer's? I could see if he wants playing time, but he said he wanted a chance at a title. That won't happen at ut.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-24-2019 10:11 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When it comes down to it 95% of the time it's all about playing time for these better players.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-24-2019 10:43 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If his goal is to get exposure to try to jump to the NBA next year, he is in a dilemma. Go to Tennessee and be the featured big man, lots of minutes and points, but probably not end up doing a deep tourney run. Or go to UK, be just another one of our bigs, get some minutes, and maybe contribute to a championship. Cal has a lot of pull with the NBA, so I would tilt towards UK even though I know I won't be THE MAN there.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com