TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Jersey numbers for Cat newcomers

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jersey numbers for Cat newcomers
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-04-2019 10:42 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1 NATE SESTINA

Calipari on Nate Sestina: "Nate falls into that scenario in that he's achieved what he set out to do and now wants to take this thing to the next level. I'm excited to get to work with him because he's where the game is going. He has the ability to play in the post but he can stretch you out, which gives us the ability to play a little different and open things up more. He's a great kid from a great family who wanted this challenge."

2 KAHLIL WHITNEY

Calipari on Kahlil Whitney: "As far as Kahlil is on the basketball court, he's long and athletic. He's in the same mold of some of the best players we've had here in that he has the athleticism to impact the game offensively, yet I believe he can be a difference maker defensively. He's an elite finisher at the rim with the ability to put the ball on the floor and drive it. Kahlil, who is originally from Chicago, has watched this program since Anthony Davis won a title with us and has wanted to be a part of this program for a while. I believe he's only scratched the surface of how good he can be and I can't wait to get to work with him."

3 TYRESE MAXEY

Calipari on Tyrese Maxey: "Tyrese has unbelievable competitive spirit. I love Tyrese's basketball savvy. He has an elite ability to score the ball, yet he creates shots for his teammates, he defends and he rebounds. In all the time I've watched him play, rarely does he make the wrong play. He may not make every shot, but he almost always make the right play. You can tell that he's a coach's son. Physically he is going to be able compete with the best in the country."

10 JOHNNY JUZANG

Calipari on Johnny Juzang: "Johnny can really score the basketball. You're talking about a kid who has a college-ready body, which is why I was in full support of him reclassifying. When he told us he was doing it, I said let's do this. He can really shoot the basketball and has a great skill set, but what I love about him is his will to win, his fight and competitiveness. He likes to play physical and can shoot over the top of defenders, plus he's a very good rebounder for his age. He's a smart player who is really going to make us a different team next year."

11 DONTAIE ALLEN

Calipari on Dontaie Allen: "Dontaie is one of Kentucky's finest. I love Dontaie's ability to score the ball in different ways. He's got a lot of skills with the ball in his hands and athleticism to play above the rim. I'm always excited anytime there's a player from our state who can come in and help this program and have an impact. Dontaie does all that for us."

12 KEION BROOKS

Calipari on Keion Brooks: "Keion is such a unique player because he has guard play-making ability in a 6-7, physical frame. In the last year at La Lumiere, he has physically improved leaps and bounds and is going to continue to get stronger. He helped his team to a 29-1 record, which shows you he's a winner. We expect him to have a major impact on this program just like he did at La Lumiere. He's a great kid from a great family and I can't wait to get him here."

14 BRENNAN CANADA (WALK-ON)

Calipari on Brennan Canada: "Brennan had opportunities to play other places but wanted to be here and be a part of this. Anytime we can add a player from our state who can come in and help our program, I'm always for it. Brennan knows what we expect of our walk-ons. We know he will be great teammate and a valuable addition to our team. We are excited to have him join this program."

Ashton Hagans switches numbers

When starting Kentucky point guard Ashton Hagans announced on April 9 he was returning to Lexington for his sophomore season, he cited "unfinished business" as the reason for doing so.

"I just felt like I left something behind and there’s unfinished business," Hagans told Evan Daniels of 247Sports. "I just want to try and work on my game and get better so I can go higher in the draft."

Hagans' first step in completing that piece of business is a fresh start.

After hinting at a number change earlier this spring, it looks as though Hagans has made it official according to his Instagram page, switching from last season's No. 2 to the No. 0 he wore at Newton High School in Covington, Ga. where he was named Georgia Mr. Basketball.

Link

[ 06-04-2019, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com