TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Brad Calipari enters transfer portal

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brad Calipari enters transfer portal
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-30-2019 04:24 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Two guards have already transferred from the Kentucky basketball roster in the last year. Could coach John Calipari's son follow them?

Junior walk-on guard Brad Calipari has placed his name in the transfer portal, according to a report from 247Sports director of basketball recruiting Evan Daniels. Brad redshirted last season for Kentucky and graduated in May, leaving open the possibility of spending his final two seasons of eligibility at a mid-major program where he might compete for a spot in the primary rotation.

When UK announced his plans to redshirt in November, both coach and son said the move was planned in order to allow him to remain on the team for both years of graduate school at UK.

"I’ve been thinking about this for a while," Brad said in a news release announcing the redshirt decision. "With where I am in my basketball career and with what I plan to do academically, this just made the most sense. I plan to remain around my brothers and continue to work on my game."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-30-2019 08:36 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Should we be worried with Brad leaving is this a sign coach cal won't be far behind?I've felt good as long as Brad is a Wildcat.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-01-2019 02:54 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal's contract is too good for him to leave. He ain't going nowhere.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-01-2019 02:57 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal has it made at UK, he would be insane to leave such a cushy job. He is not going anywhere job wise, regardless of what his son does. His son is just not good enough to even be a walk on at UK, never has been and never will be.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 06-01-2019 10:25 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never thought he'd take another job, but I have thought that once Brad is gone he might retire shortly there after.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-02-2019 08:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is 60 years old and has a dream job, don't think he will retire.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-02-2019 10:35 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He signed a lifetime contract I thought.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 06-03-2019 08:22 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aren't the coaches of some of the other prestigious basketball programs. older than Calipari? Coach K, Izzo,Roy Williams......can't think of anyone else to compare him to that is currently coaching.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-03-2019 03:41 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The lifetime contract doesn't prevent him from retiring when he chooses. It just would change his status to "Ambassador" or something like that. He is set for life.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 06-04-2019 09:44 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read somewhere that Duke is a private school and not subject to the opens record act like Kentucky is subject to. Coach K is believed to be the highest paid coach with a lifetime contract from Duke.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com