TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Was Rick Barnes too greedy?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Was Rick Barnes too greedy?
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-02-2019 01:50 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

This story claims that he was.

Just my two cents worth, I thought he always went into the tourney, when he was coaching at Taxes, and lose way too early, for the teams that he had. Seems like that is just what happened with his Tenn team, this past year, as well.

I think he is a good coach, but not an elite one.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-02-2019 08:43 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you're gonna leave a good thing, you might as well ask for a lot of money. I don't blame him.

I also think UT got knocked out of the tourney on a bogus call. Same as Auburn. Just my opinion.

Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 05-03-2019 02:42 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree with Paulcat on this one. Officiating killed both UT and Auburn in the tournament this past season.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-03-2019 06:47 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do think officials influence certain games on purpose. It is never brought up, when it happens. I am not talking about end of game plays either.

Has anyone ever seen a game where calls are tight for one team and loose for another? The other team makes a big run and breaks the spirit of their opponent. The officials may even the calls out in the 2nd half, but only when the game is determined. I have seen this against Kentucky and against other teams that were favored to win.

At the end of games, there are calls like over the back, on a rebound that are called on sided or are not called when they should be. I didn't watch Duke in the tourney, but I have heard people say that the officials willed them to keep winning, in this year, when they should have been bounced earlier that they were.

Am I the only one that thinks officiating isn't on the level 100% of the time?

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-03-2019 08:51 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boomdaddy:

Am I the only one that thinks officiating isn't on the level 100% of the time?

You are not the only one. We have all seen lopsided calls. Officials are human just like us. Have you ever seen and heard someone, even on TV, and just didn't like them? Hate to admit it, but I have.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com