TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Barnes to ucla ???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Barnes to ucla ???
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-08-2019 05:11 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
https://www.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/articles/report_rick_barnes_would_accept_ucla_job_if_offered/s1_127_28823114?mb_edition=20190408

Not sure he will but would definitely be better than Dixon who withdrew his name … ucla is looking bad jumping all over the place trying to get a better coach than the one they offered before this one.

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-08-2019 06:24 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have known Rick Barnes for a lot of years, back when he was at Clemson. I used to play golf with him and his son yearly here in Myrtle Beach and he is a good man and a very good coach. It would suprise me to see Rick take the UCLA job were it offered. He is from Hickory NC and Knoxville Tenn is not all that far from his family in Hickory. I would be very shocked to see Rick leave Tenn for UCLA. I hope for his sake he stays at UT.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-08-2019 10:50 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He makes over 3M now at Tenn. I suspect he stays with a hefty pay raise!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-08-2019 11:57 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's staying at Tennessee

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-09-2019 08:06 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Barnes had a history at Texas for getting his teams ranked high and losing early in the tourney. I don't see him ever winning a title. He had a his shot to get the Vols to the final four and blew it.

If UCLA managed to get him, they would regret it.

I do think he is a good coach. He is not an elite coach, that will bring UCLA back to glory, Just my opinion.

[ 04-09-2019, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-09-2019 09:09 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They aren't getting any other big name coach. UCLA better bite the bullet and go after Ricky Pitino. [Big Grin]
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-09-2019 01:04 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The end up with Cincinnati's head coach.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-09-2019 02:44 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good luck with that!
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-09-2019 06:31 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mick Cronin, Cincy's head coach for the past 13 years, has been named the new head coach of UCLA. Rumor out of Cincinnati is that he was looking for contract extension/adjustment to his current contract was his biggest reason for leaving UC!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123976 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 04-09-2019 08:50 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Living in Cincinnati, I didn't know a soul that liked Cronin. He was really bothered by that and told a radio talk show host that. Fans here in Cincy are just weird IMO. I hope he takes them to final four just so he can say take that Cincinnati, if course not win the title. [Wink]
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com