TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Zion Williamson

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Zion Williamson
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 04-06-2019 11:26 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nike might of paid Zion Williamson's mother for consulting services while her son was being recruited. Since Duke is an ACC school, this will be brushed aside.

Link

Posts: 1495 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-06-2019 11:29 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't believe a darn thing out of Michael Avenatti's mouth. That dude just needs to go away.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-07-2019 09:54 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Totally agree with Trey.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 04-07-2019 10:00 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
I don't believe a darn thing out of Michael Avenatti's mouth. That dude just needs to go away.

Very true, that guy is a total clown and crook. Wish it was true.
Posts: 1495 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-07-2019 11:05 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I live here in South Carolina, have followed Zion's career for three years and for once I do believe something that came out of the mouth of Michael Aventti. I have been told by many ACC sources down here that Zion was bought and paid for by Duke. It would not be the first time, remember Cory Magettee.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-07-2019 12:49 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SCWC … don't forget Bagley last year, Lance Thomas and the jewelry he bought along with Maggette and many others over the years from alleged rapes to having money they shouldn't have according to the income of their family members as well as many8 of the parents that were able to go to all of their games. They keep falling under the "we are a private school". Capel was well known for how he recruited.
Have you seen the "k" workout center that nike built with "k" crap all over it ??? It is insane what nike has done for "k" and dook.

MEL

Posts: 2791 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-07-2019 02:10 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mel, you and I both know Duke has gotten away with murder on the recruiting trail over the past 15 years or so and that the NCAA will never do an investigation into their program as long as Coach K is in charge. They consider him the king of college basketball.
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-07-2019 02:46 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Totally agree … then he gets to be the Olympic coach and gets even more help !!!
Have you seen the k workout center nike built ???

MEL

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-07-2019 02:48 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a link … totally absurd they put his name on it.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/look-nikes-michael-krzyzewski-fitness-center-will-have-a-statue-of-coach-k/

MEL

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-07-2019 04:10 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is totally ridiculous. I guess the NCAA would not let Nike adorn the anointed one with the building on campus. BTW, I was so annoyed with all the Nike schools in the NCAA wearing those ridiculous FAMILY t shirts. As much of a KY fan as I am, I would never put something like that on and doubt that will be a big seller for Nike. I am an Adidas fan myself, don't own anything with the Nike logo on it and never will.

[ 04-08-2019, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-07-2019 05:35 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes it is ridiculous !!!
dook talks the talk about being a brotherhood but they aren't !!! The family shirts were a joke. UNC wouldn't wear them … maybe because they are with Air Jordan. But if you have to tell everyone you are family then you probably aren't and dook can't back it up anyway !!!
I don't buy any nike stuff but it is because of nike signing kapernick to a contract.

MEL

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-07-2019 09:46 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
47,000 square feet for a freakin' GYM? My goodness, that is a bit extravagant!

But I have to say, that statue is a perfectly ridiculous addition to a ridiculous structure. It makes Coach K, the Chief Blue Devil, appear almost pious. Somebody needs to add a little thought bubble above his head with something like "I paid thousands of dollars to that ref, and he can't give me a f%@!kin' call?"

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13596 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com