TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Auburn/UVA (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Auburn/UVA
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-06-2019 08:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was there contact made on the AU player on the final shot of the game? If so, is that not a foul or have the officials seen all they need to see?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-06-2019 08:47 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You probably could find 20 more but maybe 15 were against Auburn or maybe 15 against Va... you can't say they missed 20 during the game so they can't call the one they did !!!

MEL

Even Sir Charles said it was a foul...

Posts: 2789 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-06-2019 08:47 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A good official, (is there such a thing in NCAA anymore?) would call the double dribble in open court with just a few seconds left in the game! They were more worried about calling that 6th foul on AU than seeing the double dribble in the middle of the floor!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-06-2019 08:48 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't see any contact … only saw the Va kid falling away before the Auburn kid shot the ball.

MEL

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-06-2019 08:49 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm only talking about the final shot. I'm sure they let them beat and bang each other all evening long without blowing the whistle! Until the next to last shot when they could effect the outcome of the game!

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-06-2019 08:56 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree with them missing the double dribble but do you really believe the officials can make that quick of a decision to not make a call against a team they are in your opinion supposed to make win ??? If they are supposed to make Va win why didn't they do it all game and not wait till the last few seconds ??? I think 99% of everyone watching missed the double dribble … including the officials (they are human and make mistakes both ways. Are there dishonest officials I am sure there are because there are dishonest people in every part of society but that doesn't mean all of them are. I honestly don't think officials make calls to cheat teams (although there may be a few that have). I coached for 34 years and only felt like an official(s) cheated my kids twice because of something I had said to them during the game. That is thousands of games. Did I disagree with some of their calls ??? Sure I did but I only felt that they cheated or made a call up twice. We probably got as many calls in our favor as against us if not more !!! We are all human and even if we don't agree with their call doesn't mean we are right … just that we think we are. Just my humble opinion !!!

MEL

[ 04-06-2019, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-06-2019 08:57 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wasn't talking about your post but another person's post about 20 fouls during the game.

MEl

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com