TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UK making huge push to keep Cal

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK making huge push to keep Cal
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-01-2019 03:44 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
See below:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/report-kentucky-offers-john-calipari-lifetime-contract-extension-to-fend-off-ucla/

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-01-2019 04:10 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see Cal leaving Ky for UCLA. This story was going around about a week ago and it appears someone is wanting to keep it alive. Were it a huge amount more money, maybe, but the California lifestyle would more than eat up any small raise UCLA are apparently offering (if this story is true}.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-01-2019 04:11 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KSR article fm Seth Davis

Kentucky has offered John Calipari yet another contract extension, this time for life.
The way Davis’ story reads, it sounds like Kentucky got a little worried about Calipari’s talks with UCLA, after granting him permission to speak to the Bruins about its head coaching job. UCLA offered Calipari a contract worth $48 million over six years, says Davis, but Cal declined the offer.
From the story:
“The new contract would include a 10-year term as coach plus a promise to serve as a paid ambassador for the school after his retirement. Calipari’s current contract runs through 2024, after an extension in 2017.” [The Athletic]
So to recap, UCLA offered Calipari a pay cut (before accounting for California taxes) and UK came back with an extension?
Man, Cal is a master negotiator.
Now make him feel appreciated in Lexi

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-01-2019 04:36 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember reading one article on KSR that said Cal was using the UCLA job as leverage to get more from UK. That article was within the past couple of weeks. I just do not see Cal going anywhere, he has it made in Lexington.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-01-2019 06:22 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And he has signed the deal.

https://bleacherreport.com/post/kentucky-wildcats-basketball/ce32f409-82f0-461c-b085-97992c6564b3

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-01-2019 06:24 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think Calipari was ever worrying about "more". When you have as much as he has, there's really no need.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 04-01-2019 09:17 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
I don't think Calipari was ever worrying about "more". When you have as much as he has, there's really no need.

Paul while I agree with you sir. I have to add, when you got 9.2 million dollar a year problems he may need a little more. Not to mention did you see Brad's wardrobe? Daddy paid for that hahahaha

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 845 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com