TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » TN/Purdue

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TN/Purdue
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-28-2019 09:52 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can stick a fork in the Vols, because they are done.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 03-28-2019 10:00 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They absolutely choled. Missed 15 or 16 FT’s.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-29-2019 07:32 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The call against UT at the end of regulation is probably the worst call in the history of basketball. UT got screwed royally. The ref who called the foul on the 3-point shot by Purdue should be banned from ever reffing another game.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 03-29-2019 07:39 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Both teams had great stretches as well as poor ones. You could say neither team deserved to win. But, the last foul on the Purdue 3 point shot attempt with around 2.8 seconds left was very questionable. Looked as if most of the "contact" was caused by the Purdue guy throwing his leg/foot out after the shot left his hands.

I would have liked to see an SEC team advance.

[ 03-29-2019, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: jerseycat ]

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-29-2019 08:44 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tennessee should never had let the teams they've played gotten big leads on them. I don't care if they are sec I wouldn't pull for Tennessee or Florida unless they were playing puke or the tar holes. Nothing suxs like a big orange. GO CATS!!!

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9792 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 03-29-2019 09:01 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree rlt4uk . I live here in Tn. They are the worse fans. They will be pulling for any team that Ky plays. I remember in 2015 when we were 38-0 and lost to Wis. the next day they were all over me asking what happen to Ky with their laughing. It's all about them not their conference . Can't stand them and never will.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 756 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-29-2019 09:32 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree in fact all the sec teams except us of course can lose and it bother me at all...especially tenn and Fl

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-29-2019 09:40 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am no fan of Tennessee. However, I hate to see anyone lose because of an obvious bad call from the refs. If we were to win a game the way Purdue did, I'd be embarrassed and not feel good about it at all.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-29-2019 12:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When you miss as many free throws as UT did you deserve to lose. UT in conference play ranked 7th with a 66.1%. Last night they went 14-28 however Purdue went 16-33 for even a worse percentage.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 03-29-2019 12:22 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ProBlue:
I agree rlt4uk . I live here in Tn. They are the worse fans. They will be pulling for any team that Ky plays. I remember in 2015 when we were 38-0 and lost to Wis. the next day they were all over me asking what happen to Ky with their laughing. It's all about them not their conference . Can't stand them and never will.

I hate them too. I can never understand why they think UK is their biggest "Football" rivalry when they have beaten us 31 out of the last 33 games. They crush us with recruiting and quite honestly on a whole different level. They are a bunch of greedy bastards!
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com