TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cats favored by 5 pts over Wofford

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats favored by 5 pts over Wofford
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-22-2019 12:10 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From KSR:

quote:

Vegas has spoken and Kentucky is a five-point favorite vs. Wofford in tomorrow afternoon’s game in Jacksonville. The total is currently 138.5. The line opened at Kentucky -6 late last night and quickly moved in Wofford’s direction. Even without PJ Washington, the Cats easily covered last night’s 20-point spread vs. Abilene Christian. With the hot-shooting Terriers on deck, things are about to get dicier, at least in the eyes of the oddsmakers.
quote:

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-22-2019 12:48 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Somebody obviously thinks Wofford is a pretty good team or else they think very highly of PJ. Probably both.
Posts: 5409 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-22-2019 01:28 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have no idea why the odds are so short for this game. Not sure if they know something that we, the fans, don't.

For one, regardless of how great a shooting team, Wofard is, I doubt that they have faced the type of length and quickness that Kentucky brings.

I am no odds maker, but I would expect the betting line to shift on this one. If it doesn't, it will be a real head scratcher.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-22-2019 01:52 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watched the first half Wofford's opening round game. They are legit. They are not a roster stocked with elite athletes. But they are a well-coached team that runs plays very effectively, defends better than I expected, and can flat-out shoot the ball.

I am hoping that we come out as fired up as we did in the first half against ACU, and that our length does indeed bother them. But this is not a team that will wilt, and they can shoot themselves back into the game. The reason that I hope our length bothers them is that they have a lot of length themselves.. they actually only list 3 guards! They have a boatload of big men, standing 6-11, 6-9, 6-9, 6-9, 6-8, 6-7, 6-7, 6-6. The most effective one is Jackson, who is 6-8, 250lbs. He knows how to throw that weight around and get position.

Please, please prove me wrong, but this sounds like a very tough challenge. They counter our length, and they can shoot the three.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-22-2019 03:08 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In nonconference games they shoot 34% from behind the arc, in conference games they shoot 43%. I believe our length will bother them.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-22-2019 04:11 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Look at how McGee did against UNC, Kansas and Mississippi State.

KSR Link

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com