TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UK Plays at 7:10 p.m. EST on Thursday

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK Plays at 7:10 p.m. EST on Thursday
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-17-2019 09:51 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like this is game time!!

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 03-17-2019 11:02 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's one thing that's positive, we always get prime time! [Wink]
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-18-2019 01:40 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like the Game will be on CBS as well.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-18-2019 07:07 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, at least us working stiffs get an opportunity to see 1 of our post season games!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 03-18-2019 07:12 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just purchased my ticket to go to the game Thursday. Can’t go on Saturday (hoping we take care of business Thursday) so I thought I’d go support them vs Abilene Christian. Go Big Blue!!!

Bruce, are you planning on going? If so, let me know.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-19-2019 01:38 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Enterprisecat, hope you and and my twin brother Donnie has a great time. Wish I was going with you.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 03-19-2019 06:33 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ronnie, we will do our best to cheer for the whole Cats Domain family. Looking forward to enjoying the game with Donnie. Go Big Blue!!!

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 03-19-2019 06:40 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wish I was going. Make sure you carry the team through! Say hi to handy, he'll be patrolling the sidelines telling Cal what to run.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-19-2019 07:41 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cat, I won't be at the game. I've got another Tigers ass to sandpaper. He will be able to reach me by phone..
Posts: 5411 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-19-2019 10:57 AM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy … you better be careful with the tiger and sandpaper !!! One of these days the tiger might decide to really put the sandpaper to your ass !!! [Wink] lol

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-19-2019 12:01 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Mel, be honest, I know it will be hard, you being a UNC fan and all. Do you agree about 3 ACC teams getting # 1 seeds?

[ 03-19-2019, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-19-2019 12:06 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes I do ... I think UNC is playing about as well as anyone the last few weeks and while I don't like dook they did win the ACC and beat everyone they had to, to win. Virginia is very good but beatable but they do play good defense and while an athletic team can beat them they are good and have a chip on their shoulder for losing in the first round last year... Gonzaga is good but I thought they should have dropped to a 2 seed (not sure who should have got the other 1 seed (uk, Tenn, Mich St.)
I think UNC and uk got the hardest bracket by far !!! Utah State as an 8 seed is crazy
I do not think dook makes the final 4 … they can't shoot the 3 well enough but they are good and while I don't like all the hype zion is getting, he is phenomenal !!!

MEL

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-19-2019 12:13 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mel, thanks for the unbiased opinion.😉
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-19-2019 12:23 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol … you asked
Who do you think should have received the #1 seeds ??? Well besides uk that is [Wink]

MEL

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-19-2019 01:04 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK, Murray State, and Northern Kentucky all should have been 1 seeds. They could have drawn the 4th name out of a hat for all I care. Unlike some, I take personal preferences out of the equation.
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-19-2019 02:08 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol …
I do have a serious question for you (if you have a serious bone in your body that is) !!!
Do you like the way Cal recruits year after year or do you prefer kids staying longer ???
I know Coach Williams goes after the top kids but when he doesn't get one he does get good kids that buy into the program and usually become very good players that compete for national championships year after year.

MEL

ps … headed to work, may not reply for a while

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-19-2019 03:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Really not a lot you can do about it when the player feels it's in his best interest to leave.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-19-2019 03:36 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think there are many college basketball fans who like the one and done thing. IMO, that is why Cal recruits as he does. Never made sense to me to go after 3 or 4 star kids when you can get the best. On occasion you end up losing all of them after one year but most of the time you bring back 1 or 2 as some just aren't ready for the pro's. So "do I like the way recruits Cal recruits"? Yep I do and I believe all coaches recruit the best they can get, they just aren't as successful as Cal in most years. At least to this point. At times I believe he may encourage borderline players to leave and I don't like that if indeed it does happen.

I'm not being modest when I say there are a lot of posters on this site with higher basketball IQ than me and I know some of them have different opinions. I hope they will offer them.

I realize Cal has his warts and there are things I wish he would do differently. However, until he starts breaking down and crying in public I'm going to stick with him.

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-19-2019 04:38 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ZIIING!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-19-2019 05:21 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am on board with recruiting as Cal does -however, if I had one thing I don't like and that is "some" of the kids leave after one year because (they feel) being at KY gives them a leg up on other kids.

For example: Lamb should have stayed one more year as he is basically out of basketball

Dakai Johnson should have stayed one more year and perhaps he would have been a much better pro.

Teague should have stayed one more year as he is out of basketball

These three players would have given us a much better shot at winning it all as we needed a big one year a point one year and a shooter one year.

It would have been a win - win for both them and Ky instead both lost!
There are probably more players as these are just three off the top of my head!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-19-2019 05:30 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Things have been rough down that road recently. The 7 freshmen that were given scholarship offers from Cal all went to other schools except for Quickly and I believe Johnson. Of course I think the other five were big guys which we got none of them. Now compare those five against the guys we signed: Herro, Montgomery and Hagans who moved up a class. They are not to be sneezed at but I would have loved to get one Dukes top 3 or 4 freshmen. We have 4 good ones signed for next year but will they be as good as some of the ones we have lost or are going to lose (Hurt).
Posts: 14174 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com