TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Box Score Ky vs Officials

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Box Score Ky vs Officials
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-16-2019 05:44 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Box Score

Some of the worst officiating I have ever seen in the last four minutes of the game. The officials took over and won that game for Tenn. Oh well, crap happens from time to time. We had an 8 point lead with 3 minutes to go and lose, that just does not happen to KY basketball if all is even with the whistles.

We just cannot seem to do well against teams that shoot three point shots and Tenn certainly did that well today, 10 of 21 is fantastic shooting. Cal just does not have his defense defend the three point shot with any consistency.

You have to give Tenn some credit, they held Herro scoreless in the second half.

[ 03-16-2019, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-16-2019 06:19 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was shocked that Herro's stats looked as good as they do. For the most part I didn't even notice him on the floor.
Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 03-16-2019 07:12 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tyler hit a corner 3 in the 2nd half, but that was it. Officials made some bad calls in the last 3 minutes, but our ball protection (Tyler travel and KJ stepping out of bounds) was awful too.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2019 07:26 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Auburn beats UT tomorrow. UT played its guts out to beat UK, and Auburn looked vastly better beating Florida than they did earlier in the season. That kills any hope of an SEC team as a 1 seed.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 03-16-2019 07:54 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
E J Montgomery with 1 rebound in 22 min is a problem. He’s been pretty active on the boards, but not today. Tennessee (Williams) took over the last 3 minutes. We played not to lose with stall ball the last 6 minutes.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 03-16-2019 08:12 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, ALA. When UK was up by nearly 10, we went into Tubby ball mode. Pass around the perimeter for 25 seconds, then either throw up a garbage shot or, just as likely, turn it over. When we went away from the motion offense with aggressive cuts and screens, we were as good as beaten.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 03-16-2019 08:13 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tyler hit a corner 3 in the 2nd half, but that was it. Officials made some bad calls in the last 3 minutes, but our ball protection (Tyler travel and KJ stepping out of bounds) was awful too.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-17-2019 01:04 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ALA_KAT2:
E J Montgomery with 1 rebound in 22 min is a problem. He’s been pretty active on the boards, but not today. Tennessee (Williams) took over the last 3 minutes. We played not to lose with stall ball the last 6 minutes.

I told a buddy of mine when we went up by eight that Cal would put the brakes on and that we'd lose. It felt like Wisconsin all over again.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9797 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com