TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Mighty Gonzaga loses championship to St Marys

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mighty Gonzaga loses championship to St Marys
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-13-2019 04:30 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wonder if Gonzaga will still be a number one seed in the NCAA. They lost their tournament championship game last night to St Mary's by a score of 60 to 47. They will not probably put three ACC teams in the first four, Duke, UNC and UVA.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-13-2019 06:13 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2 of those 3 teams mentioned above will lose another game before this week is over. Seems odd that they don't look at losses down the stretch before handing out seedings!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-13-2019 06:14 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Marquette lost to Depaul last night as well. This gave Depaul the Big East Championship this year!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-13-2019 06:15 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Northern KY punched their ticket to the dance last night as well!

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-13-2019 07:34 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed that Northern Ky/Wright State game, fun game to watch with a good outcome. I watched the start of the Gonzaga/St Mary's game and they said Gonzaga led the nation in scoring with 92 points per game. St Mary's kept them down to 47 in their win.

[ 03-13-2019, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-13-2019 10:41 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One thing this will do. After two more top teams in ACC lose, it'll give the selection committee free rein to do whatever the hell they want to, and have an excuse.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-13-2019 11:06 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
Marquette lost to Depaul last night as well. This gave Depaul the Big East Championship this year!

I'm confused by this. Villanova won the Big East Regular season and the Big East Tournament starts tonight I believe.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-13-2019 12:18 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is the Women's Big East games from last night/

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-13-2019 01:20 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like first time women made the ncaa mens tourney. way to go DePaul. Bet they are ugly!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-13-2019 01:34 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL, I haven't seen you on here forever! If I remember correctly, you are a UNC fan. There was another UNC fan on here for a long time, UNC-heels. Do you know what happened to him? I know this sounds like a strange question but as there are so few UNC fans in the world I assume you all know each other. 😉
Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-13-2019 02:21 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
handy you are as funny as ever … yes I am a UNC fan (couldn't figure out my password till today). Been keeping up though.
No I don't know the only other UNC fan we have [Wink]

MEL

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-13-2019 05:02 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quote by Mel-----
quote:
(couldn't figure out my password till today)
This makes me think you may be a closet Puke fan also.
Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-13-2019 05:09 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh hell no … I am totally against anything and everything dook stands for !!! [Wink]
As coach Williams so stated when asked about Zion not playing :Frankly My Dear" .... espn is so far up k's butt it isn't even funny. They lose and espn and their announcers make excuses for them. Either won or you didn't and they lost not only once to UNC but twice and hopefully thrice !!!

MEL

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-13-2019 06:53 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If dook plays UNC again, you can count on one thing: During that game, I will be a Tar Heel fan.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-13-2019 06:54 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Norm !!!
If you play dook I will be for the wild kitties too !!!

Mike

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-13-2019 07:09 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Gonzaga gets a #1 seed. You have to look at the entire body of work, not just at what point in the season a loss occurs. They're 30-3, and although their conference is a cakewall, they do play a pretty good out-of-conference schedule. They beat some pretty good teams and are worthy of a #1 seed.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-13-2019 07:36 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have to disagree... yes they beat dook, but lost to UNC and Tenn and those are the only tough teams I see them playing ... rest was a calk walk through their conference till the tournament... solid 2 seed IMHO

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com