TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Something I posted on Facebook after the LSU game, give me your thoughts

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something I posted on Facebook after the LSU game, give me your thoughts
Naskats
Player
Member # 1904

posted 02-16-2019 09:26 PM      Profile for Naskats   Email Naskats   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tonight's a perfect example of what's wrong with instant replay in all sports, each team should have a limited number of replays/challenges. The only time there should be a replay not initiated by the coach would be a shot at the end of a half or game or the case of a flagrant foul. The coach should be able to challenge any play/call but after they have used their allotted challenges they wouldn't be able to challenge anymore plays.

This would work with baseball, football, basketball or pretty much any sport. Not only does it slow down play with all the replays but it changes momentum in games as well as taking the excitement out of the games. There are to many things that are or are not allowed to be reviewed when every play should be able to be reviewed, by limiting the number of challenges it would speed up games and coaches would more than likely use them only on obvious plays

There's nothing I dislike more than having constant stoppages during the game reviews or watching a baseball game where a guy slides into a base, he is obviously safe and for a brief second there is air showing and they call them out. In a basketball game where they can review only parts of the a play. In football where they can change a catch after the its been called good.

I know Kentucky lost tonight on a bad call tonight, the way they played the second half they didn't deserve to win, but we have these discussions all the time for every sport, if the officials are going to be out there let them do their jobs or pay a bunch of guys to watch every play of a monitor and manage the calls from the booth

--------------------
Whatever you are be a good one

Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1204 | From: Hagerstown, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-16-2019 09:40 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like that idea. On ESPN they were suggesting that reviews be only allowed in the last two minutes. That would stop the momentum-killing reviews during the rest of the game, and limit reviews to crunch time. But I like your idea better. [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com