TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Consistent Rules: Reviewable calls

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Consistent Rules: Reviewable calls
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 02-13-2019 10:03 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Am I correct? NCAA rules say that basket interference/goaltending is not reviewable (as in LSU/UK game), but charge/block is reviewable (as in Duke/UL game). Since both are "judgement" calls, why would they not both be treated the same? NCAA needs to get it together one way or the other.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-13-2019 10:36 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Never happen. :confused:What were they thinking? Wasn't at least 2 of the 3 officials watching the ball with one eye and the timer with the other eye. Sounds a little absurd to be. That is what the replay is for to make sure they get everything correct because it's hard to watch everything at the same time. Which one was watching the clock, or listening for the buzzer? I'm sure that would be the main concern on a play like this. Did they get it right? Who knows. That's why the replay is necessary. But should they not be concerned over the other rules and regulations? Do we play this complicated game by just whichever rule an official decides is important? Who was watching the ball and the rim? Doesn't appear that any of the 3 officials were concerned about that rule. Not important on the final play of the game. Just another example of why NCAA basketball is going to hell in a handbasket. Another example of "I don't want to be the official who decides whether a team wins or loses. I'm getting off my soap box now. [Mad]

[ 02-13-2019, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14132 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-13-2019 04:26 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know it's a mortal sin, but I felt worse about Puke coming back 23 points to beat the Cards, than I did about our loss. Yes, I despise the Dookies that much.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 02-14-2019 05:34 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm.....not quite as worse as you but I was trying to lessen the pain of our loss watching the duke/UL game and hoping for a duke loss. When UL went up by 23 halfway through the second half I was feeling a little better and feel asleep. I woke up and saw the results....double whammy!

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-14-2019 08:29 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did the same exact screen, Jerseycat. I went to bed with some relief from our loss knowing Dook was getting roasted. When I turned on the car radio the next morning to go to work they just started talking sports. When I heard Dook won I just slumped down in my seat. Double whammy!

[ 02-14-2019, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com