TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Different perspective on final play.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Different perspective on final play.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-13-2019 09:09 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While I believe that was offensive goal tending on the final play, this video shows that the shot prior to that was an obvious goal tend by Montgomery. I guess things even out.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/2/12/18222795/uk-wildcats-basketball-kentucky-lsu-tigers-goaltending-ej-montgomery

Posts: 5400 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ol' Blue
Player
Member # 2317

posted 02-13-2019 12:29 PM      Profile for Ol' Blue   Email Ol' Blue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hand in the net is not goal tending unless the ball is on the rim.

In basketball, basket interference is the violation of (a) touching the ball or any part of the basket while the ball is on the rim of the basket, (b) touching the ball when it is within the cylinder extending upwards from the rim, (c) reaching up through the basket from below and touching the ball, whether it is inside or outside the cylinder, or (d) pulling down on the rim of the basket so that it contacts the ball before returning to its original position.[1][2] How the ball gets into the cylinder or onto the basket is irrelevant under high school and NCAA rules; e.g., a throw-in touched within the cylinder is basket interference, even though such a play could not score a goal.[3] This similar play under NBA rules would not be basket interference.[4]

RULES

--------------------
Number nine will be divine!!

A man needs something to believe in.........I believe I'll have another beer!

Posts: 2274 | From: Roanoke, TX | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-13-2019 12:48 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for clarifying that Ol' Blue. Makes sense.

Back in the day when I played I always had trouble keeping my head out of the rim.

Posts: 5400 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 02-13-2019 01:07 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We lost that game because we don't have anyone willing to take a charge. I don't know when I've seen a charge taken by this team. Also to many straight line drives to the basket, I counted 9 layups by LSU last night.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9785 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Ol' Blue
Player
Member # 2317

posted 02-13-2019 01:26 PM      Profile for Ol' Blue   Email Ol' Blue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are welcome Handy. Its an often misunderstood rule. It has rarely be addressed.

--------------------
Number nine will be divine!!

A man needs something to believe in.........I believe I'll have another beer!

Posts: 2274 | From: Roanoke, TX | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 02-13-2019 06:57 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PG play won the game. Our two PG’s had ONE assist each. That won’t get it done. Hagans nor Quickley are able to dribble penetrate with enough consistency to open up the floor. Watters killed us with dribble penetration all night.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-15-2019 12:44 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just verifies the fact that Cal wanted Waters very bad. He couldn't get him so we ended up with who we have, one early decision and one late decision. We are going to have these problems until (if) Cal starts getting some of the top 5 guys he wants.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com