TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Free throws matter!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Free throws matter!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-12-2019 09:18 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We lost the game at the line big time in our own gym. We went 16-23 for 69.6% to their 19-22 86.4%.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-12-2019 09:21 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Washington and Johnson went 11-17

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123973 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-12-2019 09:25 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I said in the game thread earlier that we had to shoot 75% from the line to win tonight. I wish I wasn't right. Should not have lost that game.
Posts: 5431 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-12-2019 09:29 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Two of our better FT shooters missed the majority of the shots too!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123973 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 02-12-2019 09:38 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We’ve shot FT’s pretty good all year and pocked a bad night to miss several.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-12-2019 10:16 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why can they look at the tape to see if the shot got off in time but they can't look at it to see if the ball was still in the cylinder when he tipped it? I know the announcers said the ball was not on the rim but the replays showed it was still above the hoop. Are they blind?
Posts: 14146 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 02-13-2019 12:27 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lost the game at the FT line and unable to stop Waters off the dribble drive and defend the 3. Unfortunately, this is the 2nd game in a row we have played a poor 2nd half. It does not bode well going forward. LSU has not played TN yet. Cal didn't fix the problems from Saturday's play either. Our back's are against the wall. Go CATS!
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-13-2019 07:49 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We should've had the ball for the last shot to win the game. Travis throwing that rebound away just killed us. Then on the final LSU drive PJ just lollygagged and tried to block the shot from the side/behind rather than stepping in and playing defense. I guess having 4 fouls made him timid.
Posts: 10336 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-13-2019 07:58 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
4 fouls shouldn't make you timid with 6 seconds to go. Even if you are thinking overtime. The problem was that we had 2 guys come to help, when only one needed to. That left the 2 LSU guys wide open for the tip. Hopefully we can play our best game and beat Tenn.
Posts: 5431 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 02-13-2019 08:02 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We shot 70% FT. Even if we shot 75%, that would have only added 1 point. Yes, LSU shot a crazy 86% FT. We lost the game by not coming out strong (again) in the second half when we had a decent lead.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 02-13-2019 09:55 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We shot 70% FT. Even if we shot 75%, that would have only added 1 point. Yes, LSU shot a crazy 86% FT. We lost the game by not coming out strong (again) in the second half when we had a decent lead.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com