TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Frank Robinson

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Frank Robinson
Ol' Blue
Player
Member # 2317

posted 02-07-2019 03:44 PM      Profile for Ol' Blue   Email Ol' Blue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sad day. He was a great player and person. I still remember the day Reds Traded him.

web page

--------------------
Number nine will be divine!!

A man needs something to believe in.........I believe I'll have another beer!

Posts: 2274 | From: Roanoke, TX | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-07-2019 09:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, he played in the majors for 21 years and and batted .294 which included 586 home runs and 1812 RBI's.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ol' Blue
Player
Member # 2317

posted 02-07-2019 09:16 PM      Profile for Ol' Blue   Email Ol' Blue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is also the only player to win the MVP in both leagues.

--------------------

Ol' Blue
Player
Member # 2317

posted 02-07-2019 09:19 PM      Profile for Ol' Blue   Email Ol' Blue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He was my first childhood hero. I didn't know there was an American league till he got traded to the Orioles.

--------------------

Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 02-08-2019 09:07 AM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I too have fond memories of Frank Robinson, Blue. I remember watching him at a game at Crosley Field in his rookie year when I was just a wee lad. He hit a home run in that game and barely missed another one that hit off the top of the wall in center field.

I can still recall a lot of those Redlegs from that time: Ted Kluszewski (Big Klu), Johnny Temple, Roy McMillan, Gus Bell, Wally Post, Smokey Burgess. I listened to the radio broadcasts with Waite Hoyt. His rain delay stories were awesome.

Man, I miss those days. Baseball isn't the same anymore.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-08-2019 12:58 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
JC we must be about the same age. I made the trip to Crosley field a couple times when I was a paperboy, free trip. I guess I was about 15 when he broke in. I still remember all those names you mention plus some. Remember watching for Crosley field everytime we passed by on I-75. Now it's hard to even figure out where Crosley used to be. We had some HR hitters with Robinson, Bell, Post, Burgess, Bailey and Lynch. I just finished collecting the 1958 Topps baseball card set. It cost me a little bit buying it a card at a time on E-bay but I can enjoy looking thru them and remembering 90% of those 455 players in the 58 set. Memories!
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-08-2019 01:28 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man, I miss those days. Baseball isn't the same anymore. ------------------

When I was a young man, I would sat in a car to listen to my favorite team. I went from that to not listening or seeing a game in over 20 years. I would rather watch a badminton game. That said I I have very fond memories of the above mentioned players even if they didn't play for the right team.

Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-08-2019 07:02 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HC would the right guys have been Banks, Williams Santo, Kessinger, Beckert and Hundley?
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-08-2019 09:48 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No Bama. Gibson, Musial, Boyer, Brock, etc. Yep I was a Cleveland Indian fan.
Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com