TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » EJMontgomery a difference maker in Florida game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EJMontgomery a difference maker in Florida game
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-03-2019 09:28 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Montgomery’s play was huge in that game. Cats needed a player to hustle after rebounds and get the defense going. That player was EJ. Not sure what his stats were, but he was the spark that turns the momentum for the Cats in that game.

I know the player of the game usually goes to the player with the best stats and that the star players put up the big numbers. The reality was that the Gators were out hustling the Cats to loose balls and were out playing Kentucky. Then, Montgomery entered the game.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 02-03-2019 10:48 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree boomdaddy…..E.J. played his best game in my opinion. Nick didn't seem into it so E.J. stepped up for us. E.J. had 3 bounds and 1 block in 10 minutes (during our comeback).

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-03-2019 09:26 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There was a stretch where the Gators were getting every loose ball. I thought the Cats could still win, but they had to start hustling and fighting. It was weird. It was like, all of a sudden, they turned it on.

This is still a young team. To come back from 11 down on the road and end up winning by 11 is a huge deal.

Kentucky has a lot of talent. Cal has the luxury of a deep bench. Not many teams have the level of talent that Cal has to come off the bench. If a guy is not producing, put another player in there that will give the team a spark.

[ 02-03-2019, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-03-2019 10:18 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is a good 9 man rotation and it should only get better.
Posts: 14145 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-04-2019 01:48 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was our defense that won the game holding Florida to 34.9% from the field and 5-19 from the 3 point line.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-05-2019 06:26 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Florida shot only 24% from the floor in the second half of the game on Saturday!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123973 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com