TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Rock, Chalk, beat the Jayhawks! (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Rock, Chalk, beat the Jayhawks!
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-26-2019 07:51 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK up by 7 under 4 minutes to go. PJ gets called for a foul going for the ball.

Can we hold on?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2019 07:52 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We're gonna have to take care of the ball down the stretch here, and keep KU off the line. Unless it's McCormack.
Posts: 5440 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-26-2019 07:53 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Quickly CANNOT PASS.

Yep. I actually don’t think any of the guards at great at passing the ball to the post. Hagans and Herro are getting better but they take bad angles and pass to the wrong hand often.

The lob was there if Quickley throws it high.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2019 07:55 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are 3-16 from the 3 point line.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2019 07:55 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Huge 3 for Johnson and the Cats.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-26-2019 07:55 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fully agree. Cal must not be working on that much.\

Johnson for 3!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2019 07:55 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
4-17. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-26-2019 07:56 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kansas with a turnover, UK up 8, 2:40 to go.

--------------------
Tiptree

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-26-2019 07:56 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Herro and Johnson have done a nice job on the defensive end

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2019 07:56 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
4 on Lawson. Put the FT's in Travis.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-26-2019 07:56 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Travis has just been a monster on the glass.

--------------------

redbone

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-26-2019 07:56 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lawson draws the foul. They say this is number four... I thought it was five. [Frown]

--------------------
Tiptree

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2019 07:57 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A flagrant foul for sure!

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-26-2019 07:58 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Flagrant 1 on Lawson? That would be a break!

--------------------
Tiptree

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2019 07:58 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a weak rule, but by the law it is a flagrant 1.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2019 07:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Between Travis and Washington they have 25 boards.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-26-2019 07:59 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Two shots and the ball for UK.

--------------------
Tiptree

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2019 07:59 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Go inside to Travis here against Lawson
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2019 07:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats up by 10!

--------------------

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2019 08:00 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gotta make FT's down the stretch.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2019 08:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are out-rebounding them by 10 boards.

--------------------

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2019 08:01 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can't do that. Bad turnover and then give up a wide open three. TAKE CARE OF THE BALL. It's not over yet.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-26-2019 08:01 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Example number one on how they don’t know how to post pass. Herro completely throws it to the wrong post hand.

--------------------

redbone

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-26-2019 08:01 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vick finally gets an open look and nails a three. Herro has been doing a great job guarding him.

--------------------
Tiptree

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2019 08:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are 10-15 from the line.

--------------------

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2019 08:02 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Run Circle to run some clock and then post Travis on Lawson. Why would we not do that. Travis was out on the perimeter and we force it to PJ.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-26-2019 08:02 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the refs missed one as well. I’m sure UK was in the double bonus on when Hagans missed the free throw.

--------------------

redbone

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2019 08:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are plus 10 on the boards.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-26-2019 08:03 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey, I HATE it when I am posting up and they throw it to the wrong hand. Most of the time that is a turnover.

--------------------
Tiptree

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2019 08:04 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just make good passes and hit FT's and the game is over.
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2019 08:05 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. That was a great shot on some good defense.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2019 08:06 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Washington at the line for 2!

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-26-2019 08:06 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vick is finding his range, and hits his second three.

--------------------
Tiptree

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2019 08:06 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm still nervous.
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-26-2019 08:07 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That should do it.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2019 08:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are shooting 74% from the line.

[ 01-26-2019, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-26-2019 08:07 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PJ hits another 2 FTs to put us up by 8... 31 seconds to go and we will win this one. Hagans at the line for two.

--------------------
Tiptree

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-26-2019 08:08 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Trey, I HATE it when I am posting up and they throw it to the wrong hand. Most of the time that is a turnover.

Yep. I made a living in high school throwing post passes. I played with two 6’9” twins that played at Notre Dame. Nothing frustrates me more when guards can’t throw an accurate post pass.

--------------------

redbone

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-26-2019 08:09 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heck, I am a better post passer than my guards are. [Frown]

--------------------
Tiptree

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2019 08:09 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A very good double digit win.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com