TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » TNalmost beat by Vandy

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TNalmost beat by Vandy
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-23-2019 10:53 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I couldn't believe it. Vandy had a 6 pt lead in the final 4 minutes and between them blowing it and the refs making a couple horendous calls they managed to take it to overtime and lose.
Posts: 14146 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-24-2019 02:04 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That flagrant foul on vandy with 40 seconds left was absolutely horrible. It cost them the game.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-24-2019 07:27 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I too watched that game. I ****TU not, it was a good game.

Dang, won't even let me post his name.

[ 01-24-2019, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5395 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 01-24-2019 01:29 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rlt4uk:
That flagrant foul on vandy with 40 seconds left was absolutely horrible. It cost them the game.

You are exactly right. There are so many games these days that are fixed by the refs. Just ask the NO saints. It's getting worse every year.
Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 01-24-2019 01:34 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The other thing that's getting annoying, when these so called flagrant fouls occur, players put on a fake job and grimace in pain and the refs buy it and blow the games.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-24-2019 02:15 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The flagrant called on PJ Tuesday night was bogus as well. He did indeed foul the guy, but it was from trying to block a shot. No intentional harm intended.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-24-2019 02:16 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vandy got robbed, plain and simple. How do they call a flagrant-1 on Vandy for getting a rebound, and then the Tennessee guys elbows a Vandy guy to the ground and they call it just a normal play (even after reviewing it!)? Vandy deserved to win that game.
Posts: 10336 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 01-24-2019 02:22 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
The flagrant called on PJ Tuesday night was bogus as well. He did indeed foul the guy, but it was from trying to block a shot. No intentional harm intended.

Norm, what I don't understand is that's what the replay monitor is for. They can clearly make a fair decision and often times they don't.
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 01-24-2019 02:25 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
Vandy got robbed, plain and simple. How do they call a flagrant-1 on Vandy for getting a rebound, and then the Tennessee guys elbows a Vandy guy to the ground and they call it just a normal play (even after reviewing it!)? Vandy deserved to win that game.

Paul, agree, that was terrible officiating! The bad flagrant fouls are critical because you are basically handing the other team 4 pts. The refs gave the game to Tenn. Sad.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-24-2019 02:31 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Targeting call in college football is 100 times worse, where the penalty is losing a top player and the majority of them should be no calls.

UK did get hosed in the Auburn game, because the kid flopped around like a fish out of water, and they gave the flagrant, despite the video saying otherwise.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-24-2019 03:43 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The thing with both fouls, both players Auburn's and Tennessee's would have hit the ground hard. They were going to the basket out of control.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-24-2019 03:50 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm glad UT won that game. It's nice to see an SEC team #1 in the nation AND it's going to look real good when we kick their a$$. Afraid that's wishful thinking rather than a prediction.

[ 01-24-2019, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5395 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 01-24-2019 04:58 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
I'm glad UT won that game. It's nice to see an SEC team #1 in the nation AND it's going to look real good when we kick their a$$. Afraid that's wishful thinking rather than a prediction.

I see your point Handy, but have to admit, it drives me crazy seeing our conference rival at #1 especially when we are the basketball school and they are the football school. UGH!
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-24-2019 08:36 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We beat the same TN guys last year and I'm feeling the worse we will do against them is a split in the two games.
Posts: 14146 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com