TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » box score cats vs aub

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: box score cats vs aub
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-20-2019 04:09 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
box score
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 01-20-2019 08:11 AM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, what a game! It had a little bit of everything.
We got what we needed from all our starters, a balanced scoring attack. Herro and Johnson provided a spark, and Travis and Washington battled inside. Hagans was Hagans with a great floor game.
Outside Quickley, our bench wasn’t much help aside from giving the regulars a break here and there. Auburn was just too quick for some of our guys, and their 3-point shots were going in at a ridiculous rate, especialy the second half.
I’m sure glad that last layup attempt by AU rolled out.
Big win on the road!

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-20-2019 08:51 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Huge road win. Until the emergence of Hagans recently, I never would've thought we'd win this game. Honestly, i thought we'd lose this game by about 8-10 points.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-20-2019 09:55 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How about the flagrant foul called against Washington near the end of the game??? [Eek!] After watching that play over and over there is no doubt WHATSOEVER in my mind that those refs choked on that call just because there was blood. They did not call it flagrant because of the contact. The replays showed that the only contact was Washington's hand on the AU players hand or wrist. It was a definite foul but the AU player went in the air and didn't control his body so he fell and hit his head on the floor. I think the refs were afraid NOT to call it because of the situation and the crowd. I hope the supervisor of officials looks at this playand gives them a reprimand, but I doubt it.
Posts: 14171 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-20-2019 11:36 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watched the game without sound, and after that play when they showed the ref at the scoreboard I was wondering what the heck they were reviewing. That they called that a flagrant foul is beyond belief. Based on that call, any time a shooter is fouled on the arm it should be a flagrant-1. Makes no sense.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-20-2019 11:52 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pzul, i did the exact thing as you. After watching their replay a few times while the refs watched their review, I knew it was just a common foul and that Auburn would be getting two free throws. Boy, was I wrong. One of the worst calls I have seen all year and from my viewpoint, the rules makers and officials are destroying the game of basketball.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-20-2019 01:21 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They showed the replay on the scoreboard screen and everyone could plainly see that it was not flagrant, but all the Auburn people around me was still screaming, flagrant. Pearl got that call, he screamed at the ref's after every Auburn possession.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9795 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-20-2019 01:36 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Cal needs to instruct all the guys to carry a small razor in the belt of their trucks and when they get fouled pull it out and cut themselves so they bleed. If blood is what it takes, so be it.
Posts: 14171 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-20-2019 02:18 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was a great, great win. Our starters were superb. They all played their roles well, and we shot the ball well and played decent defense.

But boy, did Auburn turn on the heat with their three-point shooting in the second half!

As good as this win was, our bench is a big concern. Cumulatively, Richard, Montgomery, Quickly, and Baker played 42 minutes, and gave us 6 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, and 3 steals. They committed only 1 turnover, but gave up 7 personal fouls.

Richards and EJ in particular did almost nothing that showed up on the stat sheet. In their combined 20 minutes, we got 1 point, 2 boards, and 5 fouls. We need a "spark" or "sixth man" who can come into the game and provide something positive. Right now, Quickly is our best candidate for that, but Richards or Montgomery should be!

[ 01-20-2019, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-20-2019 09:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
54% from the field, 72.7% from the free throw line, and 40% from the 3 point line are good shooting numbers.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-21-2019 10:41 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We play like this all season, no telling how far we can go come tournament time.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com