TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Not Optimistic

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not Optimistic
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-13-2019 09:58 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Road games at Georgia and Auburn next week. My expectations are not very high. I think we may win one of them, but would not be surprised if we lost both. I wouldn't be angry, because I'm just afraid we're not all that good. Would be grinning from ear to ear if we won both!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-13-2019 10:42 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree Norm. I'm past being angry with this team. Confused but not angry.
Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-13-2019 11:15 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nothing surprises me with Calipari teams. You just never know what you're gonna get. With that said, I think every road game will be tough to win. We know the top teams (Auburn, Tenn, etc) will be at the top of their games. But so will the lower teams (Florida, Georgia, etc). We will have to play our best ball to win any road games this year.
Posts: 10343 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-13-2019 04:40 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What will it take to win any road games?? I'll tell you the biggest thing will not be defense, or rebounding, or blocking out or blocked shots.

What will win will be shooting %%% and number of shots taken. We just won a game that we shot over 50%, but look at the number of shots we got up. Look at the number of assists we had.

No matter what Cal says, this is not his best shooting team. Coming out of high school that may be the truth but once they get here they seem to lose their touch. You see it every year, at least for a lot of the guys.

In the game yesterday we did not get up the number of 3's that he wants to see in our games and I'm sure the overall shots taken were not what he is looking for.

Basically, we need to put up more shots and if we want to win we have to make more of them. We keep starting out these games shooting like blind men and when we do seem to be on line our luck sees the shot rim out. Our shooting and luck better improve or as was said above we could lose both of the coming games, plus more down the road.

In the game yesterday it looked like Johnson and Hagans were the only ones doing much while the two we should be depending on, Washington and Travis were twideling their thumbs. Washington wants to go NBA but he better start getting into these gamessoon. Time is running out for him this year. I'm not so sure Travis can even get drafted.

Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-14-2019 03:37 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I were an opposing team I would play zone on Kentucky Because the guards don’t attack the zone
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-15-2019 11:29 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lots of talented players and coaches in the SEC so you better be ready to give 100% in every game you play away or at home.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com