TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » How many SEC losses?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many SEC losses?
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-10-2019 08:09 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watched Ole Miss handle Auburn rather easily last night at home. Got me wondering just how many SEC games we can win on the road. My guess is we may lose more road games the rest of the way than we win. Granted, this may be an over reaction as I'm off the bandwagon at the moment.

[ 01-10-2019, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5398 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-10-2019 08:59 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would be surprised if we win our games against Auburn, or Tennessee, be they home, away, or in the SEC tourney. And every road game other than against those foes looks to be 50-50.

But, I still hold hope for vast improvement in this team. Camp Cal has one more week to run, and sometimes it takes a while for everybody to 'get it' and gel together on the court.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13621 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-10-2019 10:27 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tiptree, Camp Cal is over, classes resumed Wednesday at UK. I just do not feel we have the talent this year to finish better than 4th at best in the SEC. I potentially see double digit losses, meaning possibly a 10 and 8 SEC slate. This team have improved very little since the opening game of the season. Yes, they did beat U of L and UNC but they just do not seem to have the work ethnic or heart to be consistent winners. I always qualify such statements with "I hope they prove me wrong".
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-10-2019 10:58 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SCWC,

Thanks for the correction. I was going off of my past experience, in which classes traditionally resumed in mid-January. Times change... [Smile]

I still will give this team until Valentine's Day before I break the engagement and call of this year's wedding. I say that because most of the issues are correctable by good coaching and willing players. Assuming the coaching is there, my questions center on the willingness (or, dare I say, ability?) of our players to listen and learn.

[ 01-10-2019, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-10-2019 02:37 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

my questions center on the willingness (or, dare I say, ability?) of our players to listen and learn.
quote:

Tip, those are the same questions I keep asking myself.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-10-2019 03:43 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This appears to me to be another year like 2013 when we lost in the NIT first game. I think we'll make the big dance but the seed may not be too pretty. I know our shooting percentage for the last game was decent but we are still missing too many shots, especially the close in ones. We only have ourselves to blame not being able to average a 55% shooting percentage. If we were to concentrate on what we are doing for 40 minutes our point production would be up around 90-95 per game. I still think that the Div. 1 level of play is too fast for a lot of these guys the way we handle the ball some times. Will we catch up? Not so sure. As has been said above this may not be our year for greatness. But the best thing is we may have a few good returnees next year.
Posts: 14155 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-10-2019 06:21 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think they lose 8 league games. They have the most difficult schedule in the SEC: They play Tenn/Auburn/Miss State all twice and play Ole Miss in Oxford.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-10-2019 07:26 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would go for 10 league losses, plus our 3 non-conference losses, plus 1 loss in the SEC tourney and 1 loss in the NCAA or NIT.. Hmmmm.... That makes for 15 losses.

Maybe we will miss old "Ten-loss Tubby" this season.

--------------------
Tiptree

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-10-2019 09:07 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While I think they lose 8 league games, I also wouldn't be surprised to see them lose 8 and still make a run at the Final 4.

While I haven't watched the A&M game, I do think the team is improving and I think they generally play hard. I also think Hagans on-ball pressure is the x factor for this team.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-11-2019 08:14 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see possibly 6 losses in the league. We'll be fine.
Posts: 10341 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-11-2019 02:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I too think we lose 6 conferences games and yes we will be fine.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 01-11-2019 02:46 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry 5 6 or 7 seed and not playing in Lville with little chance of winning a NT or in fact going to the FF is not "fine" with me.… If Cal doesn't realize that more 3's is the norm to win then we don't have much of a chance... 20 shots fm 3 a game is not enough period...imo anyway

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-11-2019 04:50 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had us picked to lose 4 in the SEC when we started but now I'm not so sure. Don't think we can correct the problems enough to keep it at 4 losses.
Posts: 14155 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-11-2019 05:19 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we lose 6 league games. Tennessee is the best team in the league, but Auburn is not any better than us. They win with the three, but they also get blown out when they’re missing threes. Cal always seems to find a way to get them ready in March and I’m hoping for the same thing with this team. Richards needs to play a lot better than he’s been playing for us to reach our potential.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com