TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Jemarl Baker

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jemarl Baker
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-16-2018 09:40 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really have no idea how good this kid is or even if he is a great shooter due to his limited playing time. I hope Cal will give him a little PT so he and the rest of us coaches can make a more informed decision . Sure hope he doesn't forget he is on the bench again. Some times I can't believe what comes out of Cal's mouth.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/12/15/18142666/ncaa-basketball-uk-wildcats-jemarl-baker-splash-limited-action-utah

Posts: 5399 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 12-16-2018 10:52 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He looked awfully good on those two three point shotes he made in the last minute of the game. Hopefully he is well and can help our outside shooting.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-16-2018 12:44 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would bet we will see Baker getting limited action against North Carolina "if" he has a good week of practice.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 12-16-2018 04:13 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just know that those 2 threes he took were not the easiest of threes. the first impressed me with the quick release with a guy in his face. The 2nd one impressed me because he hesitated, looked again, the defender gave him a little room and he drained it. If he can shoot he needs to play.
Posts: 5438 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 12-16-2018 04:58 PM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHAT I liked it was cold turkey just comes in BANG ! BANG ! AS you said he has that quick release. Hope he can play some D !!

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 750 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 12-16-2018 07:37 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just remember all (many) of his teammates saying he was the best shooter on the team.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-17-2018 08:24 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, it was a positive first impression, although much delayed! Cal said that Baker can shoot the three, but that he is really more of a scorer. Time will tell if his knee can hold up and let him show what he can do.

Maybe Baker will be our next 4-star recruit that blossoms and goes on to make the lottery, like Shai did. Sure doesn't look like he has a lot of competition on this team to keep him off the floor.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13621 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 12-17-2018 02:39 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His shooting stroke looked pure. I can't believe Cal said "" that he forgot he was on the bench. I'm calling bull crap.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com