TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Greene transferring

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greene transferring
Naskats
Player
Member # 1904

posted 12-12-2018 12:19 PM      Profile for Naskats   Email Naskats   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Article/Quade-Green-leaving-Kentucky-basketball--126256978/

--------------------
Whatever you are be a good one

Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1204 | From: Hagerstown, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-12-2018 02:29 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not surprising, but why not wait until after the season? The timing will dampen team morale even further.

However, there is some sort of team chemistry issue that needs to be solved. Could it be Greene? Did Cal urge him to leave? All speculation, of course. Urging one of your few shooters to leave would be a radical move. But even if it is just Greene being unhappy, this highlights that there is some real problems with this team.

And this isn't just this year...last year's team also never really seemed to be "brothers"... they never jelled and played for one another. This is true for this year as well. Something is rotten.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13618 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Naskats
Player
Member # 1904

posted 12-12-2018 04:01 PM      Profile for Naskats   Email Naskats   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He really hasn't been playing that well, I really dreaded him on the court, he just didn't seem to bring much to the team, I wouldn't be surprised to see Richards follow him out the door, he doesn't seem to get it or want to do what it takes to change

--------------------
Whatever you are be a good one

Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1204 | From: Hagerstown, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 12-12-2018 04:14 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I came here to say exactly the same about Richards. Naskats beat me to it.

[ 12-12-2018, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 12-12-2018 04:14 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have said it here before,this team do not look like they enjoy playing basketball or that they are really a close nit group. Green's transfer just might be confirmation of that. I felt Green and Richards would both transfer but felt it would be after the season ends. Richards could be next.This is our third transfer since the end of last season, all is not right in Lexington these days. Tai Wynward and Sacha K Jones left at the end of last season. It is not good for UK basketball to have this many transfers in less than one year.

[ 12-12-2018, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-12-2018 04:31 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...........and there lies the problem of recruiting of top players in the last couple years. Neither Green or Richards were on the top of Cal's list but he gave them a chance. We would probably be just as well off with maybe 3 of the top kids and then some 4 year decent kids.
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 12-12-2018 04:51 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Green will never make the NBA. Richards can. I think Green needs to go where he can get playing time.

Richards is worth keeping. I hope they work him into the lineup. Travis shouldn’t be the starter. I would rather have a quicker team on the floor at the start of the game.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 12-12-2018 05:03 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quade was rumored to be transferring at the end of last year, so I think he was waiting to see how much playing time he’d get with Hagans and Quickley this year. His head (or maybe his heart) wasn’t in it this year. He was a turnover machine the last few games. I don’t think it’s a huge loss talent wise, but it does make you wonder about team chemistry. Maybe this will bring them closer together. We’ll have to see how it turns out.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 12-12-2018 06:10 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE] [We would probably be just as well off with maybe 3 of the top kids and then some 4 year decent kids./QUOTE]

In actuality, I think some 4 year decent kids is "all" we got out of this group. Don't know if any of this group is smart enough to see this but none of them look to be one and done type players. I hope Cal will put his ego aside and encourage all of them to stay. I'm not sure what this would do to available scholarships next year. Pretty sure we would lose a couple more to the D league or overseas and that would help.

Bama has already said it and I think he is right, Cal did not get the players he wanted in this class.

[ 12-12-2018, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5398 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 12-12-2018 06:34 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal needs to start looking at other ways to build a program. HE is not king of the one and dones, and hasn't been for a couple years. HE has to really start recruiting pieces to a team, and then be able to put them together. He might need to start looking at how Jay Wright does things. He sure has been successful, maybe even more so than UK, and he doesn't get the top kids. If Cal can't get a couple of the top 5 kids then we are in trouble, because he mostly relies on just being more talented than the other teams. We are going to have to start out executing, and out thinking some of these other teams. As far as Quade goes, I hope it turns out to be addition by subtraction; but having these transfers cannot be a great look for recruits.
Posts: 5436 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-14-2018 07:58 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I might be way off base here but i'm not sure Cal would be a successful coach if all he got was 4-year players.
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-14-2018 10:46 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he has some of the best assistant coaches around. Not sure how much he allows them to input directions and knowledge but they are all good coaches.
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 12-14-2018 01:32 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
I think he has some of the best assistant coaches around. Not sure how much he allows them to input directions and knowledge but they are all good coaches.

Tony Barbee is not a good coach! Look into how he left Auburn, with no talent. The sports writers down here when describing him sounded like they were describing Billy Gillespie.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com