TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UK again one of the least experienced teams

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK again one of the least experienced teams
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2018 11:47 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Given all the talk about graduate transfer Reid Travis and a trio of sophomores giving Kentucky the experience it has lacked in recent one-and-done seasons, a calculation by stats savant Ken Pomeroy was startling.

Believe it or not, Kentucky is the second-most inexperienced team among the 353 in Division I. Only UNC Asheville is less experienced.

“I guess covering Kentucky, that does seem unusual,” Pomeroy said. “But I think nationally it’s tremendously unusual to have a roster of exclusively freshmen and sophomores.”

But what about Travis, but also PJ Washington, Quade Green and Nick Richards?

“I don’t think you could find another roster in the country that has all freshmen and sophomores except for one player,” Pomeroy said. “That’s what’s driving that.”

Monmouth Coach King Rice cited his team’s inexperience (No. 278 on Pomeroy’s experience rating) as a reason for its 0-7 start.

“Kentucky’s a young team, too,” he said. “I’ve watched a lot of tape of them. . . . They’re finding their way. Hopefully, we can come out and give them a game.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-28-2018 07:19 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We hear that every year don't we???
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-28-2018 07:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep and probably will until Cal retires.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 11-28-2018 11:04 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm tired of it [Frown]

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-29-2018 06:19 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So what we're saying here is we wished Cal would start recruiting lower on the recruiting rankings?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 11-29-2018 10:35 AM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MH, no recruit kids who want to entertain the thought of being in college for a couple of years instead of focusing on being a 1NDone or bust. I understand that this may be an impossible ask for the top recruits.
I guess in a perfect world, Cal would still recruit the top kids but do away with the NBA draft obsession. Be like Ol' Roy and convince them to hang around two or three years and NOT RECRUIT OVER THEM and make them split time with incoming freshmen who are far inferior in terms of adjusting to college ball.
LOL, let's just go back to the 60's and early 70's and not let freshmen play unless it's for the freshmen only team.
The NBA really needs to change their policy on 1NDones.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com