TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » The rise of Nick Richards.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The rise of Nick Richards.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-23-2018 01:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's sounding like Richards is going to have a good season for the Cats.

Nick looks like a completely different player,” Herro said, via Jon Page of the Louisville Courier-Journal during the Bahamas trip. “What he’s doing with the ball on the inside, blocking shots, that’s a credit to him and how much hard work he’s put in over the summer and since last season. I’m really excited for him.”

The frontcourt depth isn’t going to be an issue for Kentucky with the return of Richards, Washington and the arrival of former All-Pac-12 performer Reid Travis. That’s not even including E.J. Montgomery either.

It’s clear that Calipari will have no problem sitting Richards if he continues to struggle again this season, but that’s the thing: Richards doesn’t appear to be relinquishing that starting center role any time soon. The Bahamas trip might have been exactly what he needed to get his journey to the draft back on track.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-23-2018 02:00 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is playing better, and his performance numbers in the Pro Day were incredibly improved over last year.

Gentlemen, we have a center!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-23-2018 02:05 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No.......we have C-E-N-T-E-R-S!!!!!
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-23-2018 02:57 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, but we know that Washington will be working on his floor game to raise his draft prospects, Reid is a power forward, and Montgomery looks like a stretch 4. Nick is our 'true' center, happy to play in the paint all game long.

Can the others play center? Sure. But that isn't their natural position. With the emergence of "Richards 2.0", we have a glass-cleaning, shot-blocking, back-to-the-basket old-school center.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 10-23-2018 03:14 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not to be a skeptic, but let's see how Nick does when the games that count start.

I've been around a long time and have seen lots of players who look like world beaters in pre-season action but turn out to be complete flops once the season started.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-23-2018 04:01 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm just going to hide and watch.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-23-2018 10:27 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not hiding, but I'll be watching hard. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-24-2018 12:42 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The thing is, if he flops like last year we have options this year. I hope he lives up to the hype of this preseason.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9796 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-24-2018 10:54 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If his teammates believe in his play and work ethic he must be doing the right things.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com